Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"Only the truth can set you free"

NoEgo

I've got a big one
What have been your own experiences of this?
The times I have been held back in my life were the times I was in conflict.
I was in conflict nearly every time because my belief system about a problem or matter was not in alignment with reality - hence "only the truth can set you free". The shackles were set free once I had empowered myself with true knowledge rather than continuing to live in the world of "it's not fair" and the world of "should be".

I was in conflict nearly every time because my belief system about a problem or matter was not in alignment with reality - hence "only the truth can set you free". The shackles were set free once I had empowered myself with true knowledge rather than continuing to live in the world of "it's not fair" and the world of "should be".

A charming refutation of all your other subjectivist bollocks. Thanks.

Are you a really precocious 10 year old, or a 20 year old idiot?

fela fan can explain that one to you.

Apparently it has something to do with an Indian word for 'ego' that means exactly the same thing, but doesn't, and 'primal energy'.

I know one thing for sure. Fela will be along soon enough to talk about closed minds and how rubbish Britain is and so on.

I know one thing for sure. Fela will be along soon enough to talk about closed minds and how rubbish Britain is and so on.

And how philosophy is something you personally create, along the lines of university of life, and doesn't relate at all to eons of differing theories

Here we go:

seeker of troof said:
I like the philosophy of Sankhya which talks of ahamkara, inner wisdom, and cosmic consciousness, which all belong to two facets of life: pure awareness and primordial physical energy. It is in the mode of pure awareness that leads people to the discovery of what truth is. Ahamkara is a sanskrit word that can only be loosely translated into the western concept of ego, but that is misleading somewhat. It is the me, the unique individual who is experiencing life. Finding pure awareness is finding 'truth'. It is also an excellent 'method' at letting suffering drop from one's life.

Now, call me an old Freudian, but I always placed 'Me' and 'ego' in the same place...

See, I have quite a strong interest in 'indian philosophy' (to use the term very very loosely), and that just reads like it was made up for a self help book.

Only the LAW can set you free, actually.

Only in a legal sense. Ironically, frequently the law does the total opposite.

The law in holland allows me to smoke spliffs to my own agenda. Here in thailand it would lock me up in the cells, and just to the south in malaysia, depending on how much i was caught with, i'd be sent to the gallows.

See, I have quite a strong interest in 'indian philosophy' (to use the term very very loosely), and that just reads like it was made up for a self help book.

Well, you'd be totally wrong then wouldn't you dillinger.

The unwritten message here is that because you have an interest in something, and because you've never heard of it, and because you're so well-read, it must be some kind of rubbish. Yes, like many others that come here to denigrate and sneer, you do so from a position of strength because of all the knowledge you've read about in books. If it doesn't conform to what you've read then it's hippy stuff, new age bullshit stuff, tosh, pile of piss, and all those other ridiculous phrases the likes of you use to indicate your disdain for those that apparently haven't read all the core texts on how life is to be lived most fruitfully and so on.

Now if you actually had 'quite a strong interest' in 'indian philosophy' instead of sneering you'd be doing a quick bit of research to find out what this stuff is that you've never heard of before. But there again, since you know everything already, why would you need to?

One interesting thing that emerges from your thread, and other similar ones on this forum, is that they expose the character make-up of some seriously negative people that feel the need to come here. One aspect of that character is that they have read so much stuff, they come to believe themselves some kind of authority on what they've read. If you come along and start talking about your OWN life's experiences, you will be denigrated and written off with the appropriate sneering language.

They consider themselves an authority on texts, but having been so busy reading it all, forgot to find out things for themselves.

It really is difficult to come to this forum any more and get a decent discussion going without these sad sneering denigrating pathetic posters who bombard the threads with their cynicism. There has been not one post that addresses your thread so far. Just some rather distasteful human beings who feel the urge to destroy discussion if it doesn't conform to their own schemata.

I did type a reply to this but it got lost in the ether. Note the negative replies on this thread indicate people who have not found the freedom you have, and are bitter about it. They're stuck in their texts and theories so much they don't do their own work in life. The belief systems you talk of can be seen in operation here!!

Empowerment is the precursor to freedom, while being involved in power play and games is the impediment to freedom. But the kind of freedom you're talking about is not the same as, say, dillinger's, who really is just spouting texts and theories he's read in his midguided attempt to believe he's educated. That's why he says the law gives freedom, which is unbelievably naive, but there you go.

I'd be interested to hear what you mean by 'true knowledge'.

One interesting thing that emerges from your thread, and other similar ones on this forum, is that they expose the character make-up of some seriously negative people that feel the need to come here. One aspect of that character is that they have read so much stuff, they come to believe themselves some kind of authority on what they've read. If you come along and start talking about your OWN life's experiences, you will be denigrated and written off with the appropriate sneering language.

They consider themselves an authority on texts, but having been so busy reading it all, forgot to find out things for themselves.

It really is difficult to come to this forum any more and get a decent discussion going without these sad sneering denigrating pathetic posters who bombard the threads with their cynicism. There has been not one post that addresses your thread so far. Just some rather distasteful human beings who feel the urge to destroy discussion if it doesn't conform to their own schemata.

I agree - but still don't let their fear affect you - there will always be some who are open to straightforward discussion.

AFA the 'truth' is concerned - I feel this can be a distraction - like purity - I prefer 'following logic'. Being open to change, allowing others to speak always (coz you already know what YOU think), trusting the people around you, choosing who you surround yourself with etc - just general rules which have served me well.

I know that I went thru a period of judgment, shoulds and other people's approval, but maturity is knowing that you can move beyond this simplistic circuit.

As the 'NoEgo' name implies it is necessary to dissolve the ego at some point - and the ego will resist this. Once thru that you can start taking the world as it comes, rather than based on programs you have created in the past (often books regurgitated as Fela says).

Those who are defined by fear will abuse you for not worrying as much, about so many things, as they do. Be compassionate - as Robert Anton Wilson says, (to paraphrase) everyone who gets thru, recognises that they were robots before, but didn't realise it. (Prometheus Rising - a great book)

Remember their laughter is their only defense, which is why this site has so many who are simply up for laughs - that is the only way they have to deal with their fear.

Here we go:

Now, call me an old Freudian, but I always placed 'Me' and 'ego' in the same place...
The OP needs to read Ivana Markova's Dialogicality and Social Representations, and Paradigms, Thought and Language, and preferably either shut the fuck up until he has, or retire to a New Age Mush forum that the mods will set up for people with undercooked scramble eggs instead of brains.

Back
Top Bottom