Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Lupe Fiasco - The Cool

Gets very close to pushing Daara J's Boomerang from it's place as my all time favourite hip hop album. Brilliant. Coherent, intelligent, witty, sometimes melodic, and rhythmically superb.

The Rentals - "Return of the Rentals"
v/a - "John Peel's Festive 15" (an old Uncut freebie I found in a charity shop a few years ago, with the usual suspects of HMHB, Billy Bragg, the Wedding Present and of course the Fall)

recent listening:
Story One - Disposable
Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage
v/a - Super Charged
Ghosts - The World Is Outside

today:
American Hi-Fi - s/t
The Offspring - Ixnay On The Hombre

Neil Young - After The Gold Rush
Neil Young - Harvest
Neil Young - Comes A Time
Neil Young - Harvest Moon

It's definitely a Neil Young day.

Eat Static - Abduction

I am sat on reception and trying to do finance work whilst having a mini rave in me chair. Come ON festie season!! :D

Jane Fostin - Vivre Libre

Much more soul than zouk, but still excellent. If you get off on a singer who clearly finds joy in letting her voice go, then this is worth a listen.

Malouma - Dunya

Another great voice. This album is really weird and wonderful. It's very much a North African Arab record, but it's also chock full of beautifully crafted rock cliches. Which ought to be horrific, but is actually totally glorious. I shall be playing this to death.

And so Guadalupe and Mauretania become the 78th and 79th nations I have CDs of music from.

l41757.jpg

Good album, that, Dillinger. I've not listened to it in a while. I've got "Sex And Drugs And Rock 'n' Roll - The Best Of Ian Dury And The Blockheads" on right now. Loads of lyrics that still make me laugh even though I've heard them a million times: "Hello Mrs Wood, this boy looks familiar, they used to call him Robin Hood. Now ... he's Robin ... fucking shit cunt."

Back
Top Bottom