Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Set fire to flames - Telegraphs in negative/mouths trapped in static
Tim Hecker - Radio amor
Fugazi - Red medicine

His best if you ask me.

Yeah, know what you mean stavros, it's truly great. I can't put a fag paper between it, Highway 61 and Blonde on Blonde, really but it does have 'It's Alright Ma ...' on it which might just edge it. Just now I've been listening to Ian Dury in the car on the way home from work. 'Reasons To Be Cheerful' and 'Sweet Gene Vincent are as good a way as any to blow a boring day's cobwebs away. "With lazy skin and ash-tray eyes, and perforated pride" is one of my favourite lyrics by anyone, Bob included.

1661620.jpg

Radiohead - The King Of Limbs. Just been sat out in the sun with some wine, a cat and that playing in the background. Very nice.

Steve Mason - Boys Outside
Seefeel - Seefeel (very much recommended on the first listen)
M.I.A - MAYA
The Fall - Perverted By Language

recent listening:
Ivo - All In All
William Topley - Feasting With Panthers
Oh Sleeper - the armoured marc ep
The Shins - Wincing The Night Away
orgy - candyass

+ loads of 80stastic music videos at mums (think vintage tv got a bargain bin job lot of all the old videos mtv had stuffed in a cupboard)
^ omg at seeing the unparodied Total Eclipse Of The Heart video full screen non-youtube quality for the first time.
lazer-eyed Children Of The Damned flying choirboys ftw
& Toto - Africa wtf was going on in that video?
The random it burns. (they chucked a spear at an African woman ffs:mad::eek:)

The Joy Formidable...A baloon called moaning
Gang Gang Dance...Saint Dymphna
Mazes...A thousand heys
Max Richter...The Blue Notebook
Frontier Ruckus...Deadmalls and Nightfalls

Still reckon Gram Parsons did the best version of Wild Horses mind.

Agreed.

Currently listening to Neil Young - Trans. I was just reading about it on wiki - it says 'Trans, along with Young's next Geffen release Everybody's Rockin', formed the basis of a 1983 lawsuit filed against Young by Geffen on the grounds that he had produced deliberately uncommercial and unrepresentative work.'

And that is why I love Neil Young. :D

Deutsch-Amerikanische Freundschaft - Produkt der Deutsch-Amerikanischen Freundschaft
Devil Music - Mastul
Cheapmachines - Lamina

Back
Top Bottom