Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

The whole song is very similar to Juanita by the Flying Burrito Brothers. There are worse bands to rip off though!

Brilliant - thank you!!! That's exactly it! :D

Thought I was going mad :D Oh and yeh, agree - that's off one of my favourite albums of all time :)

Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly - Searching For The Hows And Whys

Not innovative, but just good solid quality songs sung with a decent voice. A brilliant DIY bedroom album.

Am sick today so i've had on...

Colin Stetson - new history warfare vol 2: Judges
Stereolab - Not music
Earth - Angels of darkness, demons of light 1.
Polmo polpo - Like hearts swelling
Jackie o motherfucker - Ballads of the revolution AND Liberation

Earl+Sweatshirt+EARL+2010.jpg

Loving Odd Future at the mo, looking forward to Tyler's second album.

madvillainy.jpg

Seeing him again in June. :cool:

earlier: Eek A Mouse - Wa Do Dem (1982 album)

Ralfe Band - Sword (album)

now: Green Day - International Super Hits

Blondie - Parallel Lines
The Clash - From Here To Eternity :cool:
(promo copy - skips a bit - that's eil's quality control for you:mad: )
^eta bit hmm about the more relaxed Whiteman & changing the lyrics to rebel ears (US audience could've misinterpreted ?)
great Career Opportunities l from Shea -
not sure how much of a point there is adding a def anti-Falklands reference when your performing in the US but it was being planning for an live album back then...

funny how the press release from '99 goes on about how The Clash definitely don't(didn't) want the whole Shea Stadium recording released :hmm::D

eta: oh Joe was doing the "last train to Skarville" thing in Whiteman he did with The Mescaleros back then too.

Everything tagged Reggae Ska and Dub on shuffle. In the last half hour I've decided it is possible to own too much Lee Scratch Perry. Burning Spear 'Tradition' on right now. Bit of sun out in the garden just now. Fits nicely. :)

Th' Faith Healers - "Lido"
Scientist - "Heavyweight Dub Champion"
Clinic - "Visitations"
Ice-T - "O.G. Original Gangster"

"I find Ice-T to be, the dopest, flyest, O.G. pimp hustler, gangster player hardcore motherfucker, living today. To be honest I'm totally and utterly on his dick."
:D

Mis-Teeq - "Eye Candy"

It's been many years since I listened to this, but it's aged surprisingly well. Way too long with lots of filler, but the first half hour is a very good post-UK Garage post-TLC pop album.

Back
Top Bottom