Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Muddy Waters - The Real Folk Blues / More Real Folk Blues. Ideal when you've had a few. I'm trying to play along. My neighbours are tolerant, thankfully.

The Low Anthem - Smart Flesh

again

growing and growing on me this - I miss the loud and crazy stuff they had on the last album, but this is still an amazing album

2288-read-music-speak-spanish.jpg

The Ramones - "Pleasant Dreams"
Solen - "Wutechre" (as the name suggests, Wu-Tang vocals over Autechre instrumentation - works surprisingly well, recommended)
The Wedding Present - "Seamonsters"

Technical Itch - You Need Therapy

Not sure why as i had a bit of a hangover, can't fathom how i thought that was a good choice but actually :D

been listening to various jerry garcia albums from the 1990s, and they're actually very good - all folky covers on the whole, but well done.

The Twilight Singers - "Dynamite Steps"

I can see this being up there in my best of 2011 list. Typical sneering, sex-charged Dulli, and all the better for it. :cool:

The Low Anthem - Smart Flesh

again

growing and growing on me this - I miss the loud and crazy stuff they had on the last album, but this is still an amazing album

It's lovely intit. Tracks keep popping into my head during the day. Finally added to my MP3 player so I can nip out and get a quick fix.

It's lovely intit. Tracks keep popping into my head during the day. Finally added to my MP3 player so I can nip out and get a quick fix.

Yep

I was convinced that I've heard that refrain from Apothecary Love somewhere else, except I'm sure it said 'the STATE that you're in'.

Does it sound familiar to anyone else?

The Pixies - "Trompe Le Monde"
Girls Aloud - "The Sound of the Underground"

I didn't actually make a list, but the latter would certainly make the top ten albums of the last decade for me. Tight as fuck, and their best work.

in a covers album mood

Ray Davies - See My Friends (covers/remakes duets album - a lot better than amazon reviews said.)
v/a - Instant Karma The campasign to save Darfur (by covering Lennon & at least 3 versions of the title track)

Yep

I was convinced that I've heard that refrain from Apothecary Love somewhere else, except I'm sure it said 'the STATE that you're in'.

Does it sound familiar to anyone else?

The whole song is very similar to Juanita by the Flying Burrito Brothers. There are worse bands to rip off though!

Back
Top Bottom