Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Grateful_Dead-American_Beauty-Frontal.jpg

No, I'm off to The Great Escape in May, they're playing there. One of the best shows there last time apparently so I imagine it might be busy, are they on Mcr?

E2A: It seems they are? Where the fuck is Gorilla? this map suggests it's at/near the Opera House...

http://www.ticketline.co.uk/venue/manchester-gorilla

It's a new venue by the Trof people, supposed to have opened already but I guess it's been delayed. They must be raking it in.

It's a new venue by the Trof people, supposed to have opened already but I guess it's been delayed. They must be raking it in.

They must be, is that 4 or 5 places they've got?

Anyway I'm loving the album.

Today I've been listening to the new PJ Harvey album.

yesterday (tues)
Cock Sparrer - Rumours carry more weight than fact (best of)
Helen Sheppard - oyster love
Paul Brooks - New Horizens

today( well wed really)
Mojo Presents - Roots of Nirvana
Gomez - Liquid Skin
now Fabio & Groovrider kiss fm 1992 rebroadcast on urban75 radio

Doing finance work, so needed something to calm my brain ache...so thank you Brian Eno for your fantastic albums Apollo and Pearl. Just the job, ta Bri

Still loving JD MCPherson's "Signs and Signifiers" (another excellent recommendation from the Old Record Club)
and spent most of yesterday listening to the new Slim Cessna's Auto Club, "Unentitled"

Starsailor - on the outside
Placid on urban75 radio
Radiohead - Ok Computer
^ changed my mind about The Bends being better

Congo Natty being interviewed on nme radio right now (part of red bull academy/studios Pick and mix slot)- just been talking about (& playing bits of) jungle, now onto Rebel MC & playing Street Tuff
:cool::cool:

eta: his bit's just finished:(

0000973284_500.jpg

Strictly speaking I've been listening to the brilliant live discs from his show in Nassau in 76 which were included with the Special Edition released last year. I honestly don't think I've ever heard a better live recording... by anyone, not just Bowie. Stay is simply amazing.

Scott Walker - Scott Walker Sings Jacques Brel
The Velvet Underground - Loaded
The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy - Hypocrisy is the Greatest Luxury
Melvins - Stoner Witch
Woolworthy - Recycler

Scientist - "Rids the World of the Evil Curse of the Vampires"
Venetian Snares - "Pink + Green"
Tom Burbank - "Famous First Words"
Captain Beefheart - "Trout Mask Replica"
Otto Von Schirach - "Maxipad Detention"

Britney Spears - "In The Zone"
v/a - "Japan Nite Sound Sampler 2004" (no one does poppy kitsch like the Japanese)

Back
Top Bottom