Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

chris-wood-handmade-life.jpg

:cool: :cool:

Soul Coughing - Irresistible Bliss

Which remains one of the best albums ever. Sparse, sometimes to the point of brutality, and yet busy and bustling. I've never been to New York, but they seem to epitomise the image of the city I have from books, films and TV.

Shakira - Oral Fixation

Which isn't. Thoroughly disappointing having heard it for the first time. Her English language stuff is generally worse than her Spanish stuff, but this only has two tracks that have any real impact at all. Worth having for Timor alone, but the first of her albums I haven't been knocked out by.

Manecos Costa - Paraiso de Gumbe

Wonderful album from Guinea Bissau. With arguably the sexiest backing vocals ever and some marvellously effervescent guitar. Class.

Tbh, it's the only one I really play regularly anyone. It's their faux-hardcore, innit. :D

Good choice on the Refused, might get that on in a bit. But at the moment, it's the magnificent Rise Against...

rsag.jpg

:cool:

Now listening to a playlist I did a bit back called 'Songs I Don't Listen To Often Enough'. 'Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere' on atm.

I'm very much devouring the back catalogues of Dntel, and also Tokyo Police.

This is how music should sometimes be done. Love it to death.

Doctor Adamski's Musical Pharmacy

LOL, takes me back... there's a funny story behind that album involving theft of master tapes and all kinds of shenanigans.

The live album - I forget the name - was the best Adamski album, if you want it PM me and I'll dig it out and upload it for make great benefits mankind.

Ooh - now I'm being reminded of Shpongle ..:hmm:

This may be the sound of my summer - I hope I can find something going on in a field somewhere ...

*flashbacks to '95*

Back
Top Bottom