Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

yesterday: The Cat Empire - So Many Nights

today: Ace Of Base - Happy Nation US version
Flobots - Fight With Tools

eta: hi sojourner

51wH%2BOII0tL._SS500_.jpg

Apparently the follow up, released last year, was a bit crap. Still, both great MCs.

Yeah, didn't really work twice and I don't think they had enough new ideas to carry a second record... but yeah, both ace MCs. My mate tells a story of walking through NY one night and stopping at a crossing, looking up, and seeing a huge SUV with massive rims and Redman sitting at the driver's seat. He shouted "yo, Red, can a brother get a lift back to Brooklyn", to which he got the reply "nope" and a squeal of tyres. :D

NP:

foto+1.jpg

Yeah, didn't really work twice and I don't think they had enough new ideas to carry a second record... but yeah, both ace MCs. My mate tells a story of walking through NY one night and stopping at a crossing, looking up, and seeing a huge SUV with massive rims and Redman sitting at the driver's seat. He shouted "yo, Red, can a brother get a lift back to Brooklyn", to which he got the reply "nope" and a squeal of tyres. :D

NP:

foto+1.jpg

I think Meth is my favourite Wu MC, although part of the Clan's beauty is how they all cannoned off each other, much as Meth does with Red. That's the best Whigs album too. :cool:

To Rococo Rot - "Veiculo"
Lee Scratch Perry - "Blackboard Jungle Dub"

The Dylans - s/t
Carbon 14 - Detatched and connected
/ more of an EP/mini album - local (North Devon) band according to the booklet.

Half Man Half Biscuit - "Achtung Bono"

A birthday present's first listen. Obviously it's great, but it needs more listens to totally digest the witticisms. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom