Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Inspiral-Carpets-Devil-Hopping-158363.jpg

Natacha Atlas - Diaspora

Still works its magic after all these years. Definitely a great album. They obviously had such fun making it, plus it's full of brilliant little touches of genius.

A hi-nrg version of 'maybe this time'. This might be the gayest record ever made. Although sylvester's 'menergy' is up next, so perhaps not...

Bowie / Tin Machine - Tin Machine:D:facepalm: bits of it are actually quite good :hmm: esp Bus Stop,... if only he'd done them properly.

Dylan - Oh Mercy (this is so good)

last 7 songs or so of Supine - Outer Bongolia on urban75radio
not sure how much was Big Star and how much was Disney - British Summertime but that was something beautiful.

Now Comrade Ouchmonkey's Peel Session mix

john-peel-wants-you-to-fuck-off.jpg

Broken Family Band have never really registered, but that song is so, so familar - must be one of the one too many times the day after Peel (& other station) listening, slowly realising I'd heard something beautiful but had no idea what.:facepalm:

you just broke me you bastards - Peely just introd Cat Power and I know I heard him introduce that very same song all those late(ish) nights ago.:(:oops:

eta: insert obligatory where the fuck are my tapes of that session rant from me re Boil Weevil.

John Peel's Festive Fifty from 2001. Downloaded, unfortunately it's only got snippets of JP talking.

strange just how natural / normal it seems hearing him talk, hearing him intro Broken Family Band and the recording not starting,just now

Back
Top Bottom