Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

# On The CD Player Today (take 6)

Youssou N'Dour - Hey You!

I don't generally like greatest hits albums, but this really is spot on, loads of his best stuff and covering the range from brassy and funky to reflective and melancholy. Makes for a perfect quick fix of Youssou.

nurse with wound / stereolab - simple headphone mind.

it's probably the only nww album i listen to with any regularity...

How To Dress Well - Love Remains

Terrible name, but great music. A sort of slowed fuzzy take on RnB. I guess witch house would be the term, but it's a stupid term so I'm not going to use it.

picked up a few cds from home bargains for 49p each - including this rather ace hip hop comp. which is playing now.

do you walk round with a hand-held decent cheap music detector or something?:mad: lucky bastard :cool:

Recent listening:
The Lightning Seeds - Cloudcuckooland
2pac - The Prophet: the best of the works
Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene

Today: The Crooked Vultures - s/t

Depeche Mode Tour of the Universe Blu-ray - currently "I feel you". Dave is looking quite hot in a leather waistcoat and no shirt, though I think Mr.QofG's is probably more aroused than me!!

65089.gif

Blacklist Royals - Born In Sin, Come On In

Well, s'been a while, so rather than list everything I've been listening to (we'd be here all fucking day), here's a selection of the stuff that's been proper shakin my ass and blowin my mind:

The Handsome Family - Down in the Valley/In the Air/Milk and Scissors

Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings - 100 Days, 100 Nights

De Dannan - Selected Jigs and Reels

Blowzabella - A Richer Dust/Wall of Sound

Leonard Cohen - New Skin for the Old Ceremony/Various Positions/Songs of Love and Hate

The De-Fenders - Drag Beat

Congo Natty - Presents Roots/Live in the Jungle

Brian Eno - The Pearl/Apollo

Super Chron Flight Brothers - Emergency Powers (calm yerself, dogbot :p)

The Leisure Society - The Sleeper

Loretta Lynn - a greatest hits comp, which has THE best tracks ever written, ever - The Pill, Fist City, and Lookin at Country.

I love you, Loretta

Heh - thought you might approve dogbotty ;)

Hello yerself like :) Have I missed owt of any significance on the music threads? Apart from RIP Ari and Gregory

How do you feel about Rush?

I think the type you get from good drugs is one of the best feelings ever. Wouldn't piss on the band if they were on fire though ;)

This'll knock you for six though - I've been listening to some Dylan lately, and I haven't wanted to kill anyone! Early stuff ain't bad. Tbf, I have his number one fan wearing me down bit by bit at the moment ;)

Back
Top Bottom