Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've heard a few errr... hardcore Hardcore Bronx fans say similar. Selling out their roots, etc etc.

Mental. :confused:

They played a full Bronx set when I saw 'em at the start of the month, too, thankfully. Which was ace, as well. Mariachi, followed by a mad couple of hours in a pit, getting my hair torn out. Super. :cool:

The Beatles - Pepperland cd2 : mono version of Sgt Pepper + Pepper/Yellow Sub era mono bonus tracks & stereo mixing session extracts of A Day In The Life (amazing versions of Only A Northern Song and It's All Too Much & if there so should be a rave/club tune sampling that "how does it feel to be one of the beautiful people, tuned to a natural E" bit of Baby You're A Rich man if there hasn't already) http://bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=st99006&section=1

Gil Scott-Heron - "I'm New Here" (best new album I've bought this year so far)
Steve Mason - "Boys Outside" (this is very good too on the first listen)

Gil Scott-Heron - "I'm New Here" (best new album I've bought this year so far)
Steve Mason - "Boys Outside" (this is very good too on the first listen)

steve mason i know a guy called that from my clubbing days round leeds n sheff. Possibly the same guy ?

steve mason i know a guy called that from my clubbing days round leeds n sheff. Possibly the same guy ?

I doubt it. It's Steve Mason, ex of the Beta Band, having previously released solo stuff as King Biscuit Time and Black Affair. This is his first album under his own name, and is produced by Richard X.

fuck all

cant be arsed to move

so sue me x

i've got 'can't be arsed to move' and i think it's great, but what's 'fuck all' like? i think since so sue me x brought in a balkan influence and dropped the mandolin and 303 their music lost its edge a bit, but that's just me.

Late of the Pier - Fantasy Black Channel

Came to this band rather, well, late, after hearing them on last.fm and then seeking out a few more tracks. This is my first listen, and it seems to get progressively more interesting as it goes along.

Before they were shit...

61JXSMGWEDL._SS500_.jpg

At ear-splitting volume. :)

Marxman feat Sinead O'Connor -

ahhh a blast from the past....James on whistle now with Afrocelts and Tommy ( R.I.P) on banjo and late of the Popes...and both ex pogues.

^ this - fuck flashback :eek::) remember taping a fragment off the radio/telly and just had a vague memory of the 'ship ahoy' bits but never id it.

:cool:

followed by The Pale - Dogs With No Tails

- on a searching youtube for barely remembered fragments taped off the ITV chartshow arround the same time type of thing:D

must dig out my old, old tapes and find out what the fuck is actually on most of them

E*vax - "Parking Lot Music"
Venetian Snares - Breezeblock mix
Sly & The Family Stone - "There's A Riot Goin' On"
Sugar - "Copper Blue"

^ this - fuck flashback :eek::) remember taping a fragment off the radio/telly and just had a vague memory of the 'ship ahoy' bits but never id it.

:cool:

followed by The Pale - Dogs With No Tails

- on a searching youtube for barely remembered fragments taped off the ITV chartshow arround the same time type of thing:D

must dig out my old, old tapes and find out what the fuck is actually on most of them

:D Woah just had an enjoyable watch of The Pale!

Marxman then went onto support U2 and Depeche Mode in early 80's....James went on to session for both groups....I went to Tommy's funeral a couple of years ago....sad times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom