Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the radio: bit of Westwood & 3 hours of the Punk Show on radio 1 (Easter takover)
now Mark Lamarr & A Beginners Guide to reggae episode 2, on the iplayer

Mississippi John Hurt - Complete Studio Recordings. Perfect Sunday morning music.

:cool:

I was playing a little of him on Sunday morning myself - just the fucking best :cool:

Had Alabama 3 - MOR on this morning in the car, gonna be giving Gods Jukebox a listen in a mo

sunday mornings are all about crackly old recordings of blues, jazz & country imo. that john hurt album gets a regular spin here too...

greenmind1.jpg

The Doors - Live In Pittsburgh 1970.

Never heard this one before, not bad. Jim sounds sober so his voice is good and he's not too convinced he's a lizard and stuff. Always a bonus.

Hmm. Four songs in and he's started spouting gibberish during 'Roadhouse Blues'. He must have had a bottle on the go through the first three songs.

Hmm. Four songs in and he's started spouting gibberish during 'Roadhouse Blues'. He must have had a bottle on the go through the first three songs.

:D:D

I was playing Calexico - The Black Light before, now I'm just waiting to go the fuck home

I was a little bit disappointed with this comp when it came out tbh, but I did gradually warm to it eventually. The stand-out track for me is Damon's Don't You Feel Me.

As ever with Stones Throw, you do get top quality packaging.

:)
i've been a massive fan of the title track for a few years since finding it (where else?) on a blog somewhere... love the horns, love the orchestration, love that it was all done by a teenage jesus freak. the rest of the DR hooker album wasn't a patch on it, so i was interested in hearing what stones throw would put with it. it's great anyway...

Atmosphere by The Pink Mountaintops

One of the strangest covers I've heard. Rather good tho.

great cover that - it's as if it'd been recorded by The Velvet Underground :cool:

Sound Sanctury -Dust
v/a - Bhangra Fever (2cds)

NP: The Pink Mountaintops - Atmosphere
and about to be Slipknot - IOWA against the bells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom