On The CD Player Today (take 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Rococo Rot and i-Sound - "Music Is A Hungry Ghost"
Sugar - "Copper Blue"
Solen - "Wutechre"

Autechre ain't nuthin' to fuck wit'.
:cool:

Gil Scott-Heron - I'm New Here. Still not entirely convinced by this but it's definitely got a couple of moments that are right up there with his earlier stuff. The whole thing doesn't really gel for me but it's just good to hear him back really. I didn't think he had another record in him.

I was listening to Mumford & Sons' "Sigh No More" which I was enjoying, surprisingly for me, until I started to get the impression they are God botherers...quite a few pseudo-god references for my taste.

Are they? :hmm:

^ dunno about god botherers - just 'wankers' suffices for me

anyway, been playing Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over the Sea again. I do actually think that it is my favourite album of all time. Which is an astonishing and never-before-heard thing to say for me, and reflects the pure fucking genius and heart-rending love which this album is made of

I was listening to Mumford & Sons' "Sigh No More" which I was enjoying, surprisingly for me, until I started to get the impression they are God botherers...quite a few pseudo-god references for my taste.

Are they? :hmm:

They're godawful shite. Hth. :)

NP:

afghan+whigs.jpg

I think I'm in love with you stupid dogbot.

:oops: :D

I think that's a first based on my music taste!

Only an EP, I know... but in 20 minutes, everything that's great about the band. At breakneck speed. Their best release, and the perfect filling between Hot Charity and Scream, Dracula, Scream. :cool:

:oops: :D

I think that's a first based on my music taste!

I can't help it. You have OUTSTANDING taste in the hip hop but also like the odd rayt good jangly guitar stuff. I don't usually have much truck with geetars an' that apart from stuff like Husker Du/Sugar, Peej, RFTC - basically, it's like you flipped through my music collection when you stick stuff up here. Is good.

You should know you've joined my cool/favourite people of the music forum list. As has Stephj actually.

It's a good list with Stavros, the killer b and the reverend m as long time members :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom