Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my New Orleans days - Dr John, The Meters, Lee Dorsey, Allen Toussaint, Eddie Bo, Professor Longhair.

Sometimes I think it's the greatest musical city there is

stray tracks off an old Uncut magazine comp with Shane Magowen doing a v rough version of Plaistow Patrica w/ The Blockheads on it
Roadrunner & Soundcheck comps (both cds from latest Rocksound -why the fuck do I keep buying it?)
half of a rocksound Earache promo - interupted for Springsteen on youtube

Bruce Springsteen - a scratchy, crackly sleeveless record of Born In The USA (discovered lurking in the sleeve tyhat should've contained disc two of The River)
really wanted to play the (non)unplugged album (remembered there's a fucking gorgious version of Thunder Road after hearing part of a live version on youtube) but couldn't be fucked trying to find the tape under/in the chaos.
I need more Springsteen.

Ludacris - "Word Of Mouf"
Brain Eno - "Ambient 1, Music For Airports"
Kenickie - "At The Club"
Cocteau Twins - "Milk & Kisses"
Wiley - "Treddin' On Thin Ice"

my son's been listening to a lot of Ghostface Killa - he likes fish doesn't he :D :confused:

i'm currently listening to Mammas and Papas...nice and happy and peaceful. :)

DJ Premier - Finest Execution
Beat Junkies - Vol 3
X Clan - To the East Blackwards
X Clan - Exodus
Adam Freeland - Global Underground 32 Mexico City
VA - Loft party New York City

Neil Diamond - the greatest hits 1966-1992 (@ half way through cd1 atm - surprised at how many of the songs I know)

eta: re Solitary Man - just clicked that that's the Johnny Cash - Rick Ruben - Neil Diamond connection /slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom