Joey Ramone - "Don't Worry About Me"
Girls Aloud - "Tangled Up"
Har Mar Superstar - "The Handler"
The Cure - "Japanese Whispers"
Mogwai - "Mr Beast"

Calexico - Aerocalexico

but, gorgeous as it is, i'm in the mind for a little gogol bordello

SO! DROP THE CHARGES!!!

so...how difficult is it again, for you to get broadband? :hmm: You have some fantastic tunes, has to be said :cool:

Thanks. :)

Well, the broadband options in my general area are these:

1. Line-of-sight tower that involves sending a request-- clicking a link or whatever-- via the phoneline to a server that returns your request from a radio tower. We had a site analysis done and we're not in range, though that may change with another company coming into the area later this summer-- depends upon where they stick their tower.

2. Enhanced phone service (DSL). Some roads here have it, others don't. The phone company's main criterion for laying the appropriate lines is the time it will take them to get a return on their investment on any given road. Ours has a good many Amish and Old Order Mennonite farms that will never have telephones, much less internet, so it's more or less a when-hell-freezes-over scenario.

3. Satelite. We've tossed the idea around, but at present the set-up and equipment costs come in at around $1,000, with a monthly service rate of about $80 (for the 54 MBPS package-- faster than that is more expensive still). Since most of what we do on the net is text-based, the 56k works okay.

1. Line-of-sight tower that involves sending a request-- clicking a link or whatever-- via the phoneline to a server that returns your request from a radio tower. We had a site analysis done and we're not in range, though that may change with another company coming into the area later this summer-- depends upon where they stick their tower..

a possibility then

2. Enhanced phone service (DSL). Some roads here have it, others don't. The phone company's main criterion for laying the appropriate lines is the time it will take them to get a return on their investment on any given road. Ours has a good many Amish and Old Order Mennonite farms that will never have telephones, much less internet, so it's more or less a when-hell-freezes-over scenario..

fuck. :eek:

3. Satelite. We've tossed the idea around, but at present the set-up and equipment costs come in at around $1,000, with a monthly service rate of about $80 (for the 54 MBPS package-- faster than that is more expensive still). Since most of what we do on the net is text-based, the 56k works okay.

erm, scuse my french but fuck X 100 :eek:

still, you must live in a fantastic place. pics would be good :)

Syd Barrett - Barrett
Beirut - The Flying Club Cup
Palace Music - Arise, therefore
Dinosaur Jr - Beyond

va louisiana cajun, vol 1, southwest prairies 1964 - 67

Ah, the "revival years"-- Hector and Octa Clark, the Balfa Bros, Iry Lejuene, Rufus Thibodeau. I LOVE that shit! It all comes from the Balfas' appearance at the Newport Folk Festival back then. Suddenly folkies got all Cajun-friendly, but none so much as Chris Strachwitz. He recorded everybody. Check out his record label "Arhoolie"-- it's loaded with stuff you're sure to enjoy.

Ah, the "revival years"-- Hector and Octa Clark, the Balfa Bros, Iry Lejuene, Rufus Thibodeau. I LOVE that shit! It all comes from the Balfas' appearance at the Newport Folk Festival back then. Suddenly folkies got all Cajun-friendly, but none so much as Chris Strachwitz. He recorded everybody. Check out his record label "Arhoolie"-- it's loaded with stuff you're sure to enjoy.

you know, you're such a very welcome contributor to this thread :):cool:

now playing - va, classic mountain songs (smithsonian folkways)

Killing Joke - Laugh? I Nearly Bought One

Peter & the Test Tube Babies - Live in Germany

GBH - Clay Recordings

Husker du - The Living End

Pantera - A Vulgar Display of Power

Pantera - 101 per cent Live Proof

Judas Priest - Killing Machine

Black Sabbath - Mob Rules

New Model Army - No Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back