Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as they're condemned on urban, I do love this album. It's no guilty pleasure, I just love it :):cool:

I think the condemnation comes from LG and NG's behaviour (such as N's Glasto comment re. Jay-Z). "What's The Story..." wasn't that bad either but it was just a weaker version of "DM".

She is an interesting artist - although I wouldn't pay £32 for a ticket to see her (as I have seen recently). Have you listened to the other two 'volumes' also?
No i haven't heard anything else by her but would like to. Are the other 2 volumes just as good?

No i haven't heard anything else by her but would like to. Are the other 2 volumes just as good?

That is a hard question to answer, as music provokes such varying subjective reactions. I'm quite happy, however, to send you a copy of both if you want.

I personally found that Volume 2 was better than Volume 3 - which very much seemed as if she was struggling to develop beyond what she had presented previously - including a repeat of the notable conceit of Volume 1.

today/yesterday...

holy fuck - self-titled (better than lp imo)
the herbailiser - take london
judgement night - ost

np:
the flaming lips - clouds taste metallic

That is a hard question to answer, as music provokes such varying subjective reactions. I'm quite happy, however, to send you a copy of both if you want.

I personally found that Volume 2 was better than Volume 3 - which very much seemed as if she was struggling to develop beyond what she had presented previously - including a repeat of the notable conceit of Volume 1.
Oh yes please, would love a copy of both, thats really good of you to offer. Thanks :)

Supersuckers -Motherfuckers Be Trippin'

Ten Benson - Satan Kidney Pie

Husker Du - New Day Rising

Leatherface - Cherry Knowle.

Patti Smith - Horses

Apparently the new Half Man Half Biscuit album has the cover of that redone with Pam Ayres instead of Patti Smith, and called 'Orses.

I've got

Jeff Mills - Purposemaker

Surgeon - This Is For You Shits

Aphex Twin - Richard D James

Apparently the new Half Man Half Biscuit album has the cover of that redone with Pam Ayres instead of Patti Smith, and called 'Orses.
2426205460_6c0a49a87a.jpg

hehe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom