Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that jazz? Mariano is a pianist, IIRC?

Euro-jazz from the late seventies on the ECM label. Mariano plays soprano saxophone and nagaswaram on this date; the piano's played by rainer Bruninghaus. Highly recommended.

Some of Weber's stuff's fantastic. Did you know he plays on "The Hounds of Love"?

Didn't. The only other Weber I own is Colours of Clöe and Ralph Towner's Solstice (also highly recommended).

I attended a concert in Toronto with Weber, Jan Garbarek, Brüninghaus and Christensen. Some obviously-German people were recording it, and I awaited a release from ECM breathlessly, but no joy. :(

ETA: Currently, Ella Fitzgerald and Oscar Peterson, Ella and Oscar. Vinyl from the mid-seventies on the Pablo label. Just the two of them. Not either of their best, but... it's Ella and Oscar and that's plenty.

Archibald- The complete New Orleans sessions
Cousin Joe Pleasant- Of New Orleans
Montana Taylor- Complete works
Earl King- The sonet blues story

Nick Cave dn the Bad Seeds- Dig Lazarus Dig
Got it yesteray and haven't turned it off since.

ha

hahaha

hahahahahahaaaa you're DOOMED laddie

urban is the crack of the internetz - didn't anyone warn you?

Them what invited me said nuffin! Bastids!

Anyway, the fact that I'm even responding to this, a half-hour later, is a strong indication of addictive personality disorder. So, I'm off to become the domestic god I'm expected to be (really this time).

On-topic aside: 3Mustafas3, Shopping

The Neptunes - "Clones"
Mum - "Yesterday Was Dramatic - Today Is OK"
Vitalic - "OK Cowboy"
Missy Elliott - "So Addictive"
Oasis - "Definitely Maybe" (as incredibly derivative indie music goes, this is a really good album)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom