Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Sunday At Devil Dirt

Not quite as good as "Ballad...", but still way better than anything I've heard in months. :)

Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Sunday At Devil Dirt

Not quite as good as "Ballad...", but still way better than anything I've heard in months. :)

But isn't 'Come on Over (Turn Me On)' the best thing they've ever done? I Absolutely LOVE that track. And Isobel's sexy as fuck 'Shotgun Blues' - marvellous.

Shame 'The Raven' is such cack (altho it appears to growing on me........)

Return of the Streatham Hillbilly accompanied me on my drive to Macc this morning

This is a damn fine comp, keep hearing new stuff each time (as you do). Was loving the Sheehy/Rockingbirds/Famous Times tracks this morning :cool: I feel like I shouldn't like Piney Gir cos she's probably a bit 'zany' - but I do like her, lots :D

Ninja Cuts - You Don't Know

fight like apes -how am i supposed to kill you if you have all the guns

The Mekons - Fear & Whiskey

Jolie Holland - Escondida

Wow! What a voice! I just melted

Fab innit?:)

Currently in the cd player are:

The Fugees - The Score
Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
Something labelled Wyclef and Jacob Desvarieux (which I don't remember owning:confused: and have no idea what it sounds like......)

The Sundays - Reading, Writing and Arithmetic
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane
The Byrds - Younger than Yesterday
Seasick Steve - Dog House Music
The Remains of Tom Lehrer

REM - New Adventures In Hi-Fi
a charity shop Parlophone promo compilation with an interesting that turned out to have a completely different comp inside the sleeve - actually good once it got past the ultra chart pop onto remixes/club stuff etc.

rave '92 - it's got Shut Up & dance doing I'm Ravin' I'm Ravin' on it, and a track referencing both Double Barrell - "I am the magnificent" and Tom's Diner :eek::D

Commander Tom - In The Mix III

Found it in the bottom of a cardboard box not opened for many years, remember buying it about ten years ago in a Our Price in Red Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom