Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rockingbirds ~ Rockingbirds 'R' Us e.p. :)

I've been trying to slsk them for a while now. Nowt. Slsk is a funny creature sometimes. There's been nowt for Screaming Trees, very little for Husker Du, bugger all for Astrid Gilberto bar a couple of tracks on comps

I've been trying to slsk them for a while now. Nowt. Slsk is a funny creature sometimes. There's been nowt for Screaming Trees, very little for Husker Du, bugger all for Astrid Gilberto bar a couple of tracks on comps

Which is very weird cos I've 5 Trees albums in my sharing folder:confused: and my slsk is permanently connected

'Tis a strange beast, that slsk

(and right now theres about 50 million-thousand Husker Du albums available - get thee to work!!!!)

Which is very weird cos I've 5 Trees albums in my sharing folder:confused: and my slsk is permanently connected

'Tis a strange beast, that slsk

(and right now theres about 50 million-thousand Husker Du albums available - get thee to work!!!!)

:confused:

Annierak couldn't find my files at first, even though she knew what I had:confused:

*slsks husker du* :D

Was: Willie Nelson - Songbird

Now: Old Crow Medicine Show - Eutaw

I really really fucking like this lot. I might have mentioned that before

Various - Cowboy Songs Ballads and Cattle Calls

This is fantastic - I thought it would be 'proper' singers, but it's actually old cowboys singing, and there's real fucking cattle calls, short sort-of-interviews...this is just great - my dad is gonna LOVE this

e2a - says this on amazon - most of the recordings on this cd were made in 1942 by the famous folksong collector john lomax on portable equipment

this again

this is a proper find :cool:

random mp3 tracks - havine Wille Nelson - Time Of The Preacher followeed after a few tracks by
New Model Army - Christian Militia is making me want to watch Edge Of Darkness again

Postishead - Dummy.

I havn't listened to this in years, but saw Portishead on Fri night TV and forgot how good they really are.

NME's current bands cover other recent bands cd for Shelter - including The Manics doing their not quite as shit as it seems on first listen version of Umbrela-ella-ella

Uncut's Give Peace A Chance 'in the spirit of Lennon' protest songs comp
somebody's doing a nice sort a jazzy version of I Don't Wanna be a soldier right now
eta: how have I managed to misss out on David Rovics until now?:confused:

back to weeding out mp3s to save disc space

Shelac - end of radio (John Peel tribute session 04 ) fuck it's just clicked:cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom