Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually - it's fucking dire

I've just took it off. Pah

Now - Alabama 3 - Exile on coldharbour lane

ahhh....that's better...

careful, we'll be accused of being overly-friendly on a PUBLIC BULLETIN BOARD :D

It's alright, but at the moment my ears are being pierced by some fucking godawful flutey-type nonsense. :mad:
Tough! Others chat on here so whats so different about us? ;) :D

Oh i'm not a lover of the flute...does it remind you of the Jethro Tull years? :D

:mad::D I hear flute, I remember THAT

I've been sick on whiskey but it doesn't stop me drinkin it again. I've fought to the fiddle, but I still love it

but FLUTE? FLUTE?? arrrghhhh :mad:

Yeah but you gotta admit 'Aqualung' wasn't a bad track....

Not bad, just fucking awful, fucking dire! :D

Mercury Rev - See you on the other side

I listened to this one earlier today too!

My favourite tracks are Young Man's Stride and Racing The Tide / Close Encounters Of The 3rd Grade. :cool:

I remember seeing them live a couple of years before this album came out; I thought they were a total mess. Really couldn't understand what all the fuss was about until this album. :)

Today, I've been task-avoiding everything, by listening to...

Scott Walker, The Cocteau Twins, Associates, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Caribou, PJ Harvey, Nick Cave, James Luther Dickinson, Aretha Franklin, Panda Bear, Jane, The Beat, Love, John Cale, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Prince Far I, Creation Rebel, The Glove, Flaming Lips, Teardrop Explodes, Ian Dury & The Blockheads, Suicide, The Black Keys, Jefferson Airplane, Smog, Talking Heads, The Nipple Erectors, Little Richard, The Rockingbirds, The Sea & Cake, Jolie Holland, Patti Smith, Caetano Veloso, New Age Steppers, Pulp, The Shangri-Las.

-Y'know, the usual.

:)

Venetian Snares - "Hospitality"
Eddie Cochran - "The Best Of"
Princess Superstar - "Princess Superstar Is"
The Fall - "This Nation's Saving Grace"
Elastica - "Elastica"

I listened to this one earlier today too!

My favourite tracks are Young Man's Stride and Racing The Tide / Close Encounters Of The 3rd Grade. :cool:

I remember seeing them live a couple of years before this album came out; I thought they were a total mess. Really couldn't understand what all the fuss was about until this album. :)

A superb record. The perfect blend of their early randomness and their latter-day songcraft. The bit where racing the tide switches gear into 'close encounters' is pure genius :cool:

Been listening to -

Magical Mystery Tour - The Beatles
Entroducing - DJ Shadow
Either/Or - Elliott Smith
Takk - Sigur Ros
Syklon - Ott (awesome!)
Third - Portishead (thank fuck for leaks, this is FANTASTIC!)
The Life Aquatic Sessions - Seu Jorge (David Bowie acoustic Portuguese covers..)
Moffou - Salif Keita
Pretty much every one of Massive Attack's albums...

Can't say i'm disappointed with any of it. Particularly impressed with "Third" and "Syklon"! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom