Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympic Track & Field - aka Athletics thread

You want Gebrselassie to win this just cos of that beautiful smile

I wish you were here to watch this with me JTG. I am considering ringing my dad just to have a fellow spectator. I love this bit of the 10,000m. Who's going to go???!

How about those Ethiopians then? Total pwnage over the Kenyans and not many get to say that.

Awesome, awesome, awesome :)

What drama, the chinese olympic champion had to pull out of the hurdles due to injury, he tried and tried to compete but couldn't. Sad way to exit infront of your own fans.

Ooh Ive just heard this. Poor Liu.

The pressure the big Chinese performers have been under is ridiculous. They are made to feel they have shamed the nation.

Immediately after losing they are humiliated repeatedly by 20-30 Chinese film crews asking why they failed and how they feel about it.

Du Li the defending 10m air rifle champion, was shooting first thing following the Opening Ceremony. She was a nailed on dead cert, expected to be China's first Gold Medalist. However the poor girl just crumbled under the pressure and ran out of the arena in floods of tears.

Even her family back home were humiliated:

Back in Du's hometown, in Yiyuan county in Shandong province, a lavish celebration party prepared by the local authorities fell embarrassingly flat. After watching the action on television screens, officials made a hasty departure, leaving Du's mother – who ran a tiny breakfast stall to support her daughter's shooting dream - to face the media in an otherwise empty hall decked with banners which hailed "The Pride of Yiyuan."

Du got the chance to 'redeem' herself in the 50m rifle event a few days later.

Story here: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ts-target-with-shot-at-redemption-897223.html

Ooh Ive just heard this. Poor Liu.

The pressure the big Chinese performers have been under is ridiculous. They are made to feel they have shamed the nation.

Immediately after losing they are humiliated repeatedly by 20-30 Chinese film crews asking why they failed and how they feel about it.

Bit like some of the shite I've read about Paula Radcliffe over the last 24 hours

Just been watching some Pole Vaulting, how the fuck do you decide to have ago at that, it not like you can have a little try to see if you like/are good at it is it?

Chelimo's performance was really impressive. The current 800m world record by Kratochvilova is (I'm sorry) well suspect because everything about Kratochvilova was totally masculine. If she was a chromosomal woman, then she'd been hitting the testosterone bottle big time.

So far as I'm concerned, that time by Chelimo is stupendous.

Back
Top Bottom