Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympic Track & Field - aka Athletics thread

Apart from the outrageousness of that spectable, it was also JOYOUS!

It makes a difference from the hyper-macho bullshit and psyching out that usually characterises the 100m.

It makes a difference from the hyper-macho bullshit and psyching out that usually characterises the 100m.

Absolutely - just a great, enjoyable spectacle. I am booking my tickets for 2012 right away :D

Slightly off topic, but what are they playing in the background?! It sounded like a very odd version of our national anthem, but I assume it's someone else's :confused:

Great, innit?:D He's got such a lovely personality:)

But what a performance eh - a masterclass in how to run. Absolutely awesome!

The Jamaican 4x100 teams is looking a bit tasty now, doncha think?

Slightly off topic, but what are they playing in the background?! It sounded like a very odd version of our national anthem, but I assume it's someone else's :confused:

I was going to post something similar. Thing is I have been listening to the other stuff in the background and there have been variations of other well known tunes, I kid you not one of them was the eastenders theme!

Was looking at the race and after seeing Bolt with such an advantage I thought "this was a bit slow", and then then noticed the result. Bloody hell. I reckon if he can return to his present form, he might well finish a race on the 9.5s.

Best sprinter ever, no questions about it.

Awesome performace...and yes he's been tested 3 times already at this games i believe and i'm sure will be tested right after this result. TBH though it just looked perfect - from the explosive power off the blocks to 60m he was simply unstoppable. The 200m is going to be interesting...new WR maybe.

The 200m is going to be interesting...new WR maybe.

Johnson's 19.32 is a remarkable time, posted by a freak of nature (I mean that in the best possible way - his body shape and running style were pretty weird for a sprinter) at the height of his powers. Usain Bolt has yet to run under 19.6 seconds, but he himself is an odd fish for a sprinter, being 6 foot 5 with a huge stride. If anyone can come close, it's him. I can't wait.

Johnson's 19.32 is a remarkable time, posted by a freak of nature (I mean that in the best possible way - his body shape and running style were pretty weird for a sprinter) at the height of his powers. Usain Bolt has yet to run under 19.6 seconds, but he himself is an odd fish for a sprinter, being 6 foot 5 with a huge stride. If anyone can come close, it's him. I can't wait.
I'm pretty sure Johnson expects Bolt to be his record very soon, if not at these games.

If you're up against Bolt just do what Roger Black did racing Johnson; run for the silver, you've got no chance for gold.

As for the 200, Johnson said (gent that he is) he's ready to let his record go and will be glad for it to be Bolt, but that Bolt isn't ready to do it yet, 200 is a loooooong sprint and he needs to hone his technique.

I agree, not this time but one day.

The swings and roundabouts are astounding. There was a time when you couldnt get a British woman on a track podium for love nor money. They rarely left the heats in the sprints.

Sally Gunnell, Yvonne Murray, Liz McColgan- anyone else?

Now its the men who have fallen far behind- Mo Farrah in the 5000m is the only one I can think off the top of my head. We've got a good crop of young sprinters but they wont come good for a couple of years.

I got quite into the Men's Hammer Final - well done Slovenia!Their first track and field Gold medal!

And the Japanese competitor was quite easy on the eye :oops:

I love the hammer, summat about all that yelling after they've let it go.

Ohuruogu through to her final, Lee McConnell's about to go

Jamaican 100m double. The US won't like that - must be drugs

The US didn't even get a medal in that - Jamaican 1, 2, 3!

Back
Top Bottom