Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oh ketchup...

Callum91

Let them eat cock
Is there anything you don't go with? I fucking love the stuff simply on boiled cabbage/cauliflower at the moment (my coffee drinking/weed vaporizing habits are bankrupting me). My family look at me with contempt and disgust every time they see me adding tomato ketchup but I don't see it as any more filthy a habit as...oh...say adding mayo to chips (heretical behaviour) or having fish and chips with brown sauce (plain wrong).

Anyone else care to admit to loving ketchup on weird food items?

There is nothing that can be improved by ketchup. Forced in some improbable set of circumstances to eat rotting badgers, or turds, or microwaveable burgers from a 24 hour garage, I would still prefer them innocent of red gloop.

I'm not a big ketchup fan to be honest, but your OP made me smile. :)

As for mayo or ketchup on chips? Not for me thanks. But I did try some when in Amsterdam (seeing as they serve it everywhere like that) with both mayo and ketchup and it was really nice.

Boiled cabbage :p
That's where you went wrong.
Cabbage should be stir-fried with onions.
I'm no cook, but nothing I ever cooked would have been improved with ketchup.

Boiled cabbage :p
That's where you went wrong.
Cabbage should be stir-fried with onions.
I'm no cook, but nothing I ever cooked would have been improved with ketchup.
Perhaps, but I don't cook with oil/fats so boiled it shall be. I do like cabbage and leeks together, however. With ketchup obviously. Maybe I'm just too working class :D

Perhaps, but I don't cook with oil/fats so boiled it shall be.
I realised that after I'd posted - my waistline is nothing to write home about, but clearly your boiled greens - though probably much better than school greens (which doubtless put some people off cabbage for life) - still aren't sufficient in themselves ..
My stir-fried combo gets good soy sauce and tahini and perhaps a little chutney .. I've know bland crucifers to benefit from Dijon mustard - or mustard seeds during cooking - mustard being in the same plant family.
Sorry to say that boiled veggies chez-moi get mixed with potato and fried. :oops:

Perhaps, but I don't cook with oil/fats so boiled it shall be. I do like cabbage and leeks together, however. With ketchup obviously. Maybe I'm just too working class :D
You don't cook with oil or fat? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Is this some extreme health condition or some extreme diet? Or do you just not like fat?

:hmm:

The only situation I can see this being valid is when you have a runny egg on your bacon sarnie. Otherwise you're a wrong 'un!
How can anyone look at a beautifully cooked, crispy strip of streaky bacon and think "That needs to be buried in some incredibly strong flavoured sauce so I can't taste any of it"? :(

I'm not a big ketchup fan to be honest, but your OP made me smile. :)

As for mayo or ketchup on chips? Not for me thanks. But I did try some when in Amsterdam (seeing as they serve it everywhere like that) with both mayo and ketchup and it was really nice.

Satay sauce on chips is a brilliant Dutch concept

You don't cook with oil or fat? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Is this some extreme health condition or some extreme diet? Or do you just not like fat?

How can anyone look at a beautifully cooked, crispy strip of streaky bacon and think "That needs to be buried in some incredibly strong flavoured sauce so I can't taste any of it"? :(
For reasons you can probably work out yourself, I have an incredibly restricted diet (everything, and I do mean everything that I eat/drink is measured to the gram), every calorie is accounted for and there's no room for added oils for cooking. I try to make up for it with lots of added spices/seasonings/sauce concoctions. When I say I boil veg I don't mean in the classic school dinner sort of way (boiled to death), a few minutes until just cooked and they're whipped right out the water and onto the plate.

Reactions: ymu
For reasons you can probably work out yourself, I have an incredibly restricted diet
I can think of loads of reasons from Coeliac, through to food phobias but that doesn't mean I'd be right though. Whatever the cause, fair play if ketchup makes it tolerable.

I can think of loads of reasons from Coeliac, through to food phobias but that doesn't mean I'd be right though. Whatever the cause, fair play if ketchup makes it tolerable.
I'm anorexic (7 years now). Funnily enough, I eat a wider variety of food than anyone else I know. When I'm cooking something, I look at the oil/butter and think ''I could use that and make a stir fry or something'' but then I just think of the calories and how they could be better ''spent'' on more vegetables. Same with milk and sugar, I can't make myself waste calories on them in tea/coffee for example 'cos I'd rather eat another carrot for dinner (for example). I dream of carbohydrates.

Some surprising veg bakes quite nicely without oils. Asparagus, broccoli, courgettes, peppers ... a sprinkling of lemon juice and pepper can help.

If you also have to leave a lot of salt out, white pepper is a remarkably good substitute.

E2A: sorry, missed the x-post. This is a self-imposed diet not a doctor-imposed one, right?

Some surprising veg bakes quite nicely without oils. Asparagus, broccoli, courgettes, peppers ... a sprinkling of lemon juice and pepper can help.

If you also have to leave a lot of salt out, white pepper is a remarkably good substitute.

E2A: sorry, missed the x-post. This is a self-imposed diet not a doctor-imposed one, right?
My doctor would love me to go to KFC :D

Back
Top Bottom