Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Odd computer behaviour

Could you get one of those arms you screw to the wall?
Thing is UnderOpenSky, I really don't want to mess with my desk. Its a simple computer desk, a space below for the tower and any printers etc, then above a place for keyboard and mouse and monitor with a shelf at top for nick nacks ..

The space available for a monitor is: 59cm (23") wide and 52cm (20.5") tall by 17cm (6.5") deep. I reckon I should be able to find a monitor that will fit ..

24" then. Which is fine and most people use this or smaller. Probably little be gained going over 1920 x 1080 at that size and no more then 60htz. I'd look for a display with an IPS or maybe a VA panel.

Cat piss is worse than neat hydrochloric acid. I have boxes of electronics in the cat room/workshop that I really wish I hadn't left in there. I've had literally thousands of squids worth of stuff destroyed by cat piss :facepalm:
When I used to work at Reckitt & Colman pharmaceuticals they used to get PET PC boards covered in lemsip powder from the factory that stopped them working. The technicians used to wash the boards under a running tap and give it a soft brush. The boards were then dried using an airline and left next to a radiator for 24 hours before putting back in the computer. :)

Might be worth trying.

Jesus that's cheap. I've not seen a bad new monitor for years now and I quite like VA panels. I trust this site, so check your happy with it's limitations.

When I used to work at Reckitt & Colman pharmaceuticals they used to get PET PC boards covered in lemsip powder from the factory that stopped them working. The technicians used to wash the boards under a running tap and give it a soft brush. The boards were then dried using an airline and left next to a radiator for 24 hours before putting back in the computer. :)

Might be worth trying.
I think it's a bit beyond that :D

PissDuino.jpg

Jesus that's cheap. I've not seen a bad new monitor for years now and I quite like VA panels. I trust this site, so check your happy with it's limitations.

They do say it's their best price .. I don't figure I should chose something too expensive, it is a pressy from my family to me .. :)

We think a faulty electric oven in the flat above may have blown the main trip switch but anyhow all the lights went off :(

and - well except that is for my computer which didn't flinch thanks to my Eaton UPS whose battery then gave me plenty of time to leisurely save my work and then safely shut down.

Very pleased with my UPS! :)

Funnily enough I had a proper National Grid power cut today (just a couple of hours) as well as what happened Friday but again the UPS protected my machine. :)

Back
Top Bottom