Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Occupy Wall Street

No...he's spinning.

The problem comes from both the left and the right....not just the right.
Not sure what that sentence means. The issue is the accumulation of wealth by corporate power through the manipulation of the financial markets and the impoverishment of the population for the benefit of that tiny elite who have subverted the democratic institutions to serve their interests and effectively disenfranchised the population of the country. That's a class war. A class war launched by the very wealthy. How is any of this a problem caused by the "left?" whatever that means. The problem with the left is it has failed to create an effective opposition to this financial coup de tat. Until now. I don't know where this movement will go but it represents the beginning of a fightback and its about time.

Not sure what that sentence means. The issue is the accumulation of wealth by corporate power through the manipulation of the financial markets and the impoverishment of the population for the benefit of that tiny elite who have subverted the democratic institutions to serve their interests and effectively disenfranchised the population of the country. That's a class war. A class war launched by the very wealthy. How is any of this a problem caused by the "left?" whatever that means. The problem with the left is it has failed to create an effective opposition to this financial coup de tat. Until now. I don't know where this movement will go but it represents the beginning of a fightback and its about time.

The guy in the video is making a partisan spin - "far right....love to destroy the middle class".

You probably didn't notice. ;)

In reality the fleecing of the middle class comes from both the right and the left. Both sides of the aisle protect big money with taxpayer dollars. You're only imagining an 'opposition' by the left. It doesn't exist. They're in on it too.

I suspect a lot of the people at the protests are like that guy - just partisans and pawns of their party.

What do you mean by " the left"when you say "fleecing of the middle class comes from both the right and the left?" Do you mean Obama? The democrats?

So not the people occupying wall street then.

US governments - republican and democrat - have been acting as willing stooges for the fradusters and looters of wall street for over 20 years.

And its the same in every other liberal democracy the world over.

The chap in the video did seem to be going easy on Obama, who also supports extreme 'free market' policies that destroy the middle class. Obama is a convinced neo-liberal and would probably be on the right-wing in Europe.

So not the people occupying wall street then.

US governments - republican and democrat - have been acting as willing stooges for the fradusters and looters of wall street for over 20 years.

And its the same in every other liberal democracy the world over.

A lot longer than 20 years Kaka.

What do you mean 'not the people occupying wall street'? You seem to be back at square one with what's going on. Yeah most people know there's a problem. Most people even see who's running the show. But people like the guy in the video aren't willing to turn their backs on their beloved party. They aren't going to fault them for anything. The democrats are as guilty as anyone.

I don't see this movement as particularly partial to any particular party. Rather it is an expression of disgust that the entire democratic process has become the slave to financial institutions and that includes Obama. If anything, it is disappointment with Obama, after all the hopey changing bollocks of the last election, that has created the conditions in which people are now turning to the streets. How could anyone not be disillusioned with Obama. Has there ever been a President who promised so much and delivered so little?

I don't see this movement as particularly partial to any particular party. Rather it is an expression of disgust that the entire democratic process has become the slave to financial institutions and that includes Obama. If anything, it is disappointment with Obama, after all the hopey changing bollocks of the last election, that has created the conditions in which people are now turning to the streets. How could anyone not be disillusioned with Obama. Has there ever been a President who promised so much and delivered so little?

Anybody can be against something. There's a difference in knowing what you stand for. Most people I've seen are against the other party being in charge and implementing policy. Their solution is to put their party in charge.

Anybody can be against something. There's a difference in knowing what you stand for. Most people I've seen are against the other party being in charge and implementing policy. Their solution is to put their party in charge.
What makes you think most occupy wall st types are democrats? No clue one way or the other myself. And the Dems are in charge already, btw.

What makes you think most occupy wall st types are democrats? No clue one way or the other myself. And the Dems are in charge already, btw.

Yeah the dems are in charge so why was that guy's rant about the 'right'?

I don't know what most protesters would say. Obviously when there's a movement of any sort you get the follower types. I suspect a lot of them are just political partisans who've spun the whole thing into an 'us versus them'.

Yeah the dems are in charge so why was that guy's rant about the 'right'?

I don't know what most protesters would say. Obviously when there's a movement of any sort you get the follower types. I suspect a lot of them are just political partisans who've spun the whole thing into an 'us versus them'.
The Dems like the Repub are centre right although the repubs are drifting to extreme right.

In other words you're just as much in the dark as me.

Because he was taking the opportunity to attack the right that was standing in front of him - Fox News.

And the reporter - seeing that it was a partisan rant - asked if Obama was a part of it and the guy danced around the question without answering it. Did you miss that?

And the reporter - seeing that it was a partisan rant - asked if Obama was a part of it and the guy danced around the question without answering it. Did you miss that?
No, that's why I posted earlier "The chap in the video did seem to be going easy on Obama..." Did you miss that?

When I predict that nothing will come of this. I'll most likely be correct.
I agree it's unlikely that anything will come of this. The anticapitalists7ant-bankers in the USA don't really have the infrastructure or the culture of solidarity that's needed to sustain a movement that can win gains. It's still nice to see the initiative in the USA's political world being taken by people using the language of class, though.

Don't be naive. He gave the democrats a pass for a reason.
Because he has illusions in Obama? Possibly. Or perhaps he just saw taking anotehr pop at Fox and the birthers to be the top priority. No one who says 'class war' in that approving way can have too much faith in Lord Obama (c) The Boss.

Edit: have just realised that the chap's Union hat is probably giving you rage as well

I agree it's unlikely that anything will come of this. The anticapitalists7ant-bankers in the USA don't really have the infrastructure or the culture of solidarity that's needed to sustain a movement that can win gains. It's still nice to see the initiative in the USA's political world being taken by people using the language of class, though.

True it is. But unless the people realize that the government can't change anything when the government is not in control no progress can happen. When the country was founded the government was designed to not allow it to come to this. That was the whole purpose of decentralizing the government.

Back
Top Bottom