Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nu Skool Rappers You're Feeling

This is proper
Diamond District - First Step
looks like theyre from DC

(there was a track by Oddissee already posted)​

Last edited:
I reckon a native hip hop thead is long overdue to pay homage to the likes of Rex Smallboys,Night Shield,Lorenzo and Wab Kinew in the meantime heres a few mcs to whet your appetite

Supaman this performance kind of reminds me of beardyman the way he builds on raw samples and beatboxing live

Plex longtime favourite of mine and collaborator with Wab Kinew on the classic way it should be, stand out tracks include Mind Racing and Greatful

Conway K

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone said Bishop Nehru yet?

Im not looking through the thread/posting video because the amount of youtube vids already is making my work machine unusable

...by the end of 2014 im ever so slightly warming to the southern rap thing but its still doesnt feel right to me. i guess the whole southern rap thing is that it feels authentic, in as much as that the black experience in the south is (im imagining, based in south london) particularly fucked up compared to the rest of the US, and next to all the trophy rappers across the rest of the US feels like its keeping its real to some extent, but its not pretty, and unlike rap that came before it doesnt feel like its overcoming anything. depressing really.

anyone got any tips for southern rap that transcends the shit?

If you don't mind indulging me reminiscing on a few old school classics

you've got the Cunnylinguists out of Georgia/Atlanta

scarface from the Geto Boys is back in the studio,
he is him at the height of his game
also for pure WTF moment Bushwick Bill

Goode Mob, the group that spawned Ce Lo Greene

of the current crop i rate
Lee Mazin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI5U2Q_oF5A

This is great - Pusha T - Lunch Money
nice to see the views up to 200k in a week - that instrumental has got all the feel of an obscure underground rap jam

Four underground UK MC's get the Premier treatment. Killer backing as you'd expect, kinda sounds weird with UK vocalists though. Not a fan of the Owl masks either!

Bars over beats from Manchester & Salford collective Levelz. Cheeky, I like it, but I dunno if this is the right place to post it - it's bass/grime rather than hip hop (probably - I'm old & vague about current genre titles).

Back
Top Bottom