Oh my daddy always told me
Keep it in the family
Listen to me

Keep it in the family
That's what papa told me
Keep it in the family
Peace and love and harmony
(fade with ad lib)

There was a Leslie Thomas novel where the 'hero' spied on under-age girls through a peep-hole and had sex with them while their sports teacher. Published 1970. It's difficult to look back and find any justification for this or for some of the songs in this thread. The French say 'autres temps, autres moeurs' but it's just not good enough. Really, with permissiveness (good thing) a certain amount of skeeziness slipped though the net (bad thing) and got away with it.
Yeah, Leslie Thomas. You used to see his books everywhere, now it's like he had never been.

The French love Serge Gainsborough. He's sort of like their Bowie

That says it all, doesn't it?

What is it about creepy, middle aged, drug-addled nonces that kids find so sexy?

It would be interesting to see some academic work on the prevalence/causality of morally adventurous sexualities with music/art/acting/fame etc... I wonder if it is more widespread than in wider society or if it's just that they get pinged?

I quite like Charlotte Gainsbourg's later musical output. I've seen her questioned in interviews about that song, and (IIRC) it's as if she doesn't see what the fuss is about. But she has been in some 'boundary pushing' films as an adult.

There is something wrong with the whole concept of Bill Wyman when look at his cv and the fucking terrible carry on suggestive stuff the Rolling Stones corporation have put out.

Dunno where that came from but there you go

She smells, just like a woman
She makes love, just like a woman,
But she takes just like a little girl.

Bob dylan.

Shiver.

She smells, just like a woman
She makes love, just like a woman,
But she takes just like a little girl.

Bob dylan.

Shiver.
Yeah, I agree with Raheem. You’ve got the lyrics wrong, with the result that you’re seeing noncy instead of vitriolic and sexist.

(she turns on the tears to get what she wants).

Yeah, I agree with Raheem. You’ve got the lyrics wrong, with the result that you’re seeing noncy instead of vitriolic and sexist.

(she turns on the tears to get what she wants).
yes but still think it's creepily ambigious.

"
She takes just like a woman
Yes, she does, she makes love just like a woman
Yes, she does, and she aches just like a woman
But she breaks just like a little girl "

yes but still think it's creepily ambigious.

"
She takes just like a woman
Yes, she does, she makes love just like a woman
Yes, she does, and she aches just like a woman
But she breaks just like a little girl "
I still think you’re reading it wrong. It’s about a woman who has an air of maturity (with her fog, amphetamines and pearls), who does all these things just like a woman, but who “breaks (down) just like a little girl” when it suits her. He doesn’t like that side of her.

It’s boomer sexism.

My (female) French colleagues insisted to me that this was a charming song about a young girl's, and I quote, "platonic love for her father figure".

To which I replied: "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?"
The French have a long history of incest denial. Various things are coming out of the woodwork at the moment, and Questions Are Being Asked.

What is it about creepy, middle aged, drug-addled nonces that kids find so sexy?

It would be interesting to see some academic work on the prevalence/causality of morally adventurous sexualities with music/art/acting/fame etc... I wonder if it is more widespread than in wider society or if it's just that they get pinged?
I think it's the other way around. If we're talking about 1970s noncery, it was the recording industry that was packaging the goods, and they who were (presumably) turning blind eyes to the depredations of their stars on their audience members. And, I guess, if you're a performer with a thing for underage kids, you're going to be drawn to an industry offering unfettered access to same, and a "don't ask, don't tell" policy to the whole business.

And, yeah, I imagine there's a fair chunk of bohemian/free living factors in there, too, but there's a long road between "morally ambiguous" and "covering up child sex abuse".

Back
Top Bottom