Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

No UC payment ,help -advice please!

moody

Member of The Underground.
Hey,

Looking for some advice, maybe someone has been in the same situation.

I get paid from work every 4 weeks. 13 times a year.

it so happens in march that I got paid twice.

UC have made a nil payment for april as they say I've earnt two wages in march?

which is true but obvs 4 weeks aprt like all my other payments from work, it juist so happens due to pay frequency that they fell in the same month.

now, as I only work p/t and rely on my UC, i'm seriuosly down for the month, just about have my rent and thats it.

Help!

Last edited:
"

If you’re paid weekly, every 2 weeks or every 4 weeks​

Your Universal Credit may be affected if you have more paydays than usual during an assessment period.

How often your payday isThe impact
Every 4 weeksOnce a year, you’ll have an assessment period with 2 paydays

When you get more wages than usual in an assessment period you may get:

• less Universal Credit for that month
  • no Universal Credit, because you’re earning enough to no longer claim it

Presumably it will get balanced out in your next uc payment?

Can you not pay rent this month and pay double rent next month ?

Presumably it will get balanced out in your next uc payment?

Can you not pay rent this month and pay double rent next month ?
how will it be balanced out?

I'm missing a payement, it's not like they will pay me twice/double next month to make up for this month

Sorry to hear this moody I know what it’s like being left in a tight spot by the bureaucracy of benefits, as I’m sure many of us do. There’s a few people in here with some expertise and hopefully they’ll be along shortly. But I know that doesn’t help with the dread here and now.

so I've just got back.

The woman I spoke to couldn't really help me, she didn't really know what to say.

she seemed sympathetic but didn't have any answers.

she said the best she can do is escalate it upto my case manager who she said will contact me by tomorrow.

my parting comment was something like.. 'I thought i would always be better off working?'

Last edited:
Tbh I think you're just going to end up getting the standard response of well you got more money than the limit so you don't get any cash from us. If you get paid every 4 weeks and the DWP pay UC once a month then you're going to get this next year as well. Can you not ask your employer to pay you monthly rather than 4 weekly?

Tbh I think you're just going to end up getting the standard response of well you got more money than the limit so you don't get any cash from us. If you get paid every 4 weeks and the DWP pay UC once a month then you're going to get this next year as well. Can you not ask your employer to pay you monthly rather than 4 weekly?
I work for a national retailer. I got as much chance of them changing my pay date as UC actually giving a fuck

my parting comment was something like.. 'I thought i would always be better off working?'
Indeed. The hypocrisy (not of the individuals behind the desk but the reality of real-life situations versus the public depiction) is startling. The lesson seems to be that we’re always going to be penalised for having a low income, and vilified for it at the same time.

Know that you’re not alone, though, and people care about and value you.

well.

I heard back from them, they just messaged me.

No help what so ever, they just told me to contact CAB or the council.

I''ve looked at what I have left for the month and I have managed to sell an old jacket on ebay, so hopefully if there is no problems with the sale I should be able to just scrape through this month

Back
Top Bottom