Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cost of living payment

Thinking about it I wonder if they were waiting to announce the qualifying dates after the assessment period had passed, presumably to prevent any gamification?

At the London Council I work for , we've even asked to refer residents for another cost of living payment. It's up to £500 , we do a referral which is sent to the Benefits office (They are a legacy benefit department that deal with Housing Benefit claims & Council Tax reduction. ) I think Local Authorities have been allocated a few quid for these payments. So far I've done 6 , they are assessed , and then money is paid to bank accounts . I've asked for the full £500 , but so far , payments have ranged from £150 to £350 , and they are processing them quickly . So worth checking with your local authority. We have to give a reason, mostly it is struggling with bills . I think these are separate payments to the DWP payments

At the London Council I work for , we've even asked to refer residents for another cost of living payment. It's up to £500 , we do a referral which is sent to the Benefits office (They are a legacy benefit department that deal with Housing Benefit claims & Council Tax reduction. ) I think Local Authorities have been allocated a few quid for these payments. So far I've done 6 , they are assessed , and then money is paid to bank accounts . I've asked for the full £500 , but so far , payments have ranged from £150 to £350 , and they are processing them quickly . So worth checking with your local authority. We have to give a reason, mostly it is struggling with bills . I think these are separate payments to the DWP payments
I don't know which London borough you work for, but thank you for doing this! I'm with Haringey and we just got a booklet through our door with quite detailed descriptions of what cost of living help residents are entitled to. Me and my housemates will have a proper read of it today and see what we can make use of.

I don't know which London borough you work for, but thank you for doing this! I'm with Haringey and we just got a booklet through our door with quite detailed descriptions of what cost of living help residents are entitled to. Me and my housemates will have a proper read of it today and see what we can make use of.
Good luck , all but one of the referrals I've done are Council Tenants, but I was contacted by a private renter so did a referral for her & she got £200. They need bank details & your NI number so I presume that there will be checks carried out.

Had my second payment today. Had to explain what it was to the young lad at work who also got it because he was on Universal Credit before he started with us and didn't know where this £320-odd had come from or if he should spend it or sit on it waiting for a mistake to be corrected so that was nice info to be able to impart.

Had my second payment today. Had to explain what it was to the young lad at work who also got it because he was on Universal Credit before he started with us and didn't know where this £320-odd had come from or if he should spend it or sit on it waiting for a mistake to be corrected so that was nice info to be able to impart.
Interesting, my son was on Universal credit for about 3 months and started a job last week, presumably he should be getting this? Is in the house with us if that makes any difference. He's been brassic tho since they have somehow not paid him at all so far. Thinking about it they said it was coming in yesterday..

Interesting, my son was on Universal credit for about 3 months and started a job last week, presumably he should be getting this? Is in the house with us if that makes any difference. He's been brassic tho since they have somehow not paid him at all so far. Thinking about it they said it was coming in yesterday..
Yes, providing he got a UC payment between 26 August and 25 September. He could be paid COL any time up to and including 23 November and should chase it up if he doesn't receive it by then.

Surely they are just a couple of pumps and a filter? Can't see that using a lot. :hmm:
Wouldn't it need a heater as well to make sure that sure the blood is returned at the same temperature it left? I would also imagine that they involve a fair amount of electronics to ensure the flow is smooth and no sudden surges in pressure/temperature.
Plenty of electronics means a fan to keep them cool and so forth. I've never seen a dialysis machine but I easily imagine they use a comparable amount of power to a good sized desktop PC.
I didn't realise that people using them at home had to pay their own leccy though.

Wouldn't it need a heater as well to make sure that sure the blood is returned at the same temperature it left? I would also imagine that they involve a fair amount of electronics to ensure the flow is smooth and no sudden surges in pressure/temperature.
Plenty of electronics means a fan to keep them cool and so forth. I've never seen a dialysis machine but I easily imagine they use a comparable amount of power to a good sized desktop PC.
I didn't realise that people using them at home had to pay their own leccy though.
The quick look I did the other day suggests the don't have a heater in them as people on dialysis have to have the heating on to try and stay warm. :eek:

The only figures I managed to find claimed 600W max and an average of 100W. At 100W average that's less than a kW for a session. So where the rest of the power is going I don't know. :(

Yes, providing he got a UC payment between 26 August and 25 September. He could be paid COL any time up to and including 23 November and should chase it up if he doesn't receive it by then.
Weirdly they didn't pay him until yesterday despite him being on it since August. We'll in theory they did but the physio smashed his phone so he can't access it to find out til it comes back since 2fa is on....

The quick look I did the other day suggests the don't have a heater in them as people on dialysis have to have the heating on to try and stay warm. :eek:

The only figures I managed to find claimed 600W max and an average of 100W. At 100W average that's less than a kW for a session. So where the rest of the power is going I don't know. :(

If he only has electric then he's probably spending a fortune on heating, assuming he's at home most of the time and feels the cold more for obvious reasons.

The additional payments that Local Authorities are administering are coming through - I got £500 for a single parent with 5 kids - I guess she ticked all the boxes and got the max payment.

According to that article, i will get a payment when on above the average wage. But my son and daughter won't despite having not done for various reasons and not earning as much between them. Makes, no sense?

Weirdly they didn't pay him until yesterday despite him being on it since August. We'll in theory they did but the physio smashed his phone so he can't access it to find out til it comes back since 2fa is on....
This turned out to be a lie unfortunately, apart from the physio smashing his phone bit. Starts a new job in a few hours tho!

I got another one of these today. Heads up to keep an eye out for it dropping, if you're eligible.
I got both of last year's and was paid on the fourth and third day of the timescale respectively. So I'm hoping this one's also sooner rather than later.

I'm waiting for mine, after missing the last one by my assessment period ending 2 days later than the date specified and they wouldn't budge, grr.

Checked with my work coach and he said I should be getting this one but reckoned they will be starting issuing on the 27th, which is different to every other source I've seen.

I'm waiting for mine, after missing the last one by my assessment period ending 2 days later than the date specified and they wouldn't budge, grr.

Checked with my work coach and he said I should be getting this one but reckoned they will be starting issuing on the 27th, which is different to every other source I've seen.
I just got some of these. I have no idea what the thing is assessed on as currently I don't think I should be getting it.

Then again they also screwed me out of 2k I actually did qualify for when I was on benefits so were getting closer to even.

Back
Top Bottom