Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cost of living payment

Thankfully I got the £326 payment today, so can celebrate my
birthday at the beach party in Brighton, a friend got me a ticket for £55 :eek:
will use a little bit of the money to buy beers on the day.

p.s will not be taking my walking stick I must be mad and will probably
be one of the oldest people there at 55

Thankfully I got the £326 payment today, so can celebrate my
birthday at the beach party in Brighton, a friend got me a ticket for £55 :eek:
will use a little bit of the money to buy beers on the day.

p.s will not be taking my walking stick I must be mad and will probably
be one of the oldest people there at 55

Happy birthday and have fun!

I get diddly squat on housing benefit. I don't understand why given that it's a means tested benefit. It would be useful to have but I'll be OK without it, for now at least. I'm hoping my council will see sense and dole some dosh out via the housing support fund in the autumn. There's no way to apply for it they just identify need.

No, I looked at our Council's website and I don't seem to be eligible either.
I don't especially mind but it was made to sound as though it was for everyone.

I did some research on the second payment out of curiosity, and I learnt the below. Posting it here for reference with my bolding - it’s relevant for those with universal credit claims.

Universal Credit​

To get the first Cost of Living Payment of £326, you must have been entitled to a payment (or later found to be entitled to a payment) of Universal Credit for an assessment period that ended in the period 26 April 2022 to 25 May 2022.

We will update this guidance when the government has announced the qualifying dates to get the second payment of £324.

The payment will be made separately from your benefit.
What I took from this is that if you get the first payment of £326 you may not necessarily get the second payment of £324 if they use different assessment period dates compared to those of the first payment.

Presumably those who weren’t eligible for payment 1 might be eligible for payment 2 depending on their earnings.

Do we know when the second payment will come into
effect, it seems to have gone under the radar :confused: it might
help me get over Brenda's death.

I don’t think there’s been anything published about the month they will use to assess entitlement, let alone the intended pay window.

Nothing here?

We will update this guidance when the government has announced the qualifying dates to get the second payment of £324.

Back
Top Bottom