Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nintendo Switch

Hopt it works out, Bank holiday weekend coming up is a real shitter in terms of getting stuff delivered. I've been waiting 10 days for something that got sent Royal Mail 2nd Class from eBay, if it don't come tomorrow it's another week without fridge shelfs, lol.

Oh shit yeah didn't think of that! Oh well tbf I have enough to keep me entertained and I'm still working at the moment. Glad to have one. Do you know if the store prices for games are reasonable compared to physical copies? (Sorry know I could probably Google, but good to get someones opinions)

Hope your fridge shelf's come soon!

It came last week. I've injured my shoulder so not been able to play it much.

I was wondering what controllers people recommend? Tempted to just get another set of joycons as they felt comfy.

It came last week. I've injured my shoulder so not been able to play it much.

I was wondering what controllers people recommend? Tempted to just get another set of joycons as they felt comfy.
I just have two sets of joycons, one which gets used over bluetooth while the other is charging on the Switch in its cradle.

It is a bit terse - E doesn't really do sharing :rolleyes: so we’re taking it in turns in the main. We don’t have a bridge but our shop is opening tomorrow!
Would anyone be up for some island hopping via dodo code over the next few days?
Looby mrsfran FridgeMagnet ?
I’ve been looking for this post and convinced myself it was on a thread that doesn’t actually exist. 😄 How do we do the dodo code thing?

Anyone know why buying a dock for one of these on it's own (so the kids can just bring their console round without us having to dive behind the telly every time) is either like finding rocking horse shit, or requires taking out a mortgage :confused:

Anyone know why buying a dock for one of these on it's own (so the kids can just bring their console round without us having to dive behind the telly every time) is either like finding rocking horse shit, or requires taking out a mortgage :confused:

Where are you looking? Switch products are limited at the moment which means some resellers are increasing prices. You could put it in here to be alerted when there is one available: Stock Informer - Tracking stock of hard-to-find products
Which I think Cybershot* told me about on the previous page.

*Correction it was trashpony who told me of this website. Apologies for the misinformation.

Last edited:
There's a whole bunch of 3rd party ones on Amazon for between £20 - £30, but I'd research them and the reviews to make sure they actually last and don't overheat and what not. The official one is RRP £79.99 so don't pay more than that for it. The Official Nintendo shop, Currys, Very, Argos and GAME seem to be getting stock of Switches intermittently, they don't last very long, so it's best to just keep checking when you get 5 minutes. Treat it the same way as battling for a supermarket home delivery/click and collect slot!

CeX have got 2nd hand ones in stock, but at only £7 less than brand new, it's not a very good deal unless you are really desperate. undefined - CeX (UK): - Buy, Sell, Donate

I've read that a lot of 3rd party ones have been bricking consoles (something to do with the way Nintendo have implemented the charging/data connection? God knows) so I'd want to get an official one.

But at £80 for what is little more than a glorified HDMI cable they can fuck right off. Diving behind the telly each time it is :D

Where are you looking? Switch products are limited at the moment which means some resellers are increasing prices. You could put it in here to be alerted when there is one available: Stock Informer - Tracking stock of hard-to-find products
Which I think Cybershot told me about on the previous page.
Me. It was me :D

beesonthewhatnow - why don’t you just buy a power cable? Then you can just leave both the cables connected and just plug them into the docking station

Looby - you go and ask Orville in the airport and say you want to invite people over to your island and do it via dodo code. I’d send it via PM probably otherwise as this is an open forum you could get everyone over! And similarly if you want people to come, he‘ll give you one.

You have to have a nintendo online account tho

I've stopped spending all my time on Animal Crossing now (even when you can dive for stuff! and have a hippie otter try to get scallops off you!) and have been on the new Paper Mario. It's pretty silly but it's all well-balanced, and also there's a lot of it. The battle system is occasionally infuriating and can be hard to work out when you're drunk, but mostly works well, particularly for boss battles.

I'd say that for people who play games on the Switch with youngish kids - and I know a bunch of people outside Urban who do that too - it would be a good choice.

Question for those of you who played Zelda. I got to my first devine beast in the Elephant thing. It's a bit to strong for me at the moment, but with no leveling up is it a case of me roaming around doing other things building up my stock piles and improving weapons/armour? This is what I'm currently doing.

BristolEcho - my 13 year old Master Mode expert says: 'Yes and also a case of improving your runes - you definitely need to get stasis plus to complete it. Upgrading gear, better weapons, and getting a load of fairies from the Great Fairy in Kakariko would also be good. If you're struggling too much, get the Master Sword before you do it (you need 13 hearts to get that though so you need to do a lot of shrines first!)'

:)

BristolEcho - my 13 year old Master Mode expert says: 'Yes and also a case of improving your runes - you definitely need to get stasis plus to complete it. Upgrading gear, better weapons, and getting a load of fairies from the Great Fairy in Kakariko would also be good. If you're struggling too much, get the Master Sword before you do it (you need 13 hearts to get that though so you need to do a lot of shrines first!)'

:)

Cheers! Yes I have some fairies now. Think I was going for the bosses to soon I only have 5 hearts at the moment.

I'm thinking about treating myself in the next month or so.

What accessories do I need to think about getting? And is a memory card a must and if so what's the best type?

What accessories do I need to think about getting? And is a memory card a must and if so what's the best type?
I would definitely get a pro controller or even two. I can’t stand using the tiny controllers on two player games.
Also, a docking charger for them.
I haven’t bought anything else and haven’t needed a memory card yet.

I got a standard memory card high speed. I bought the 8-bit do controller which is alright though I'm sure it seems to drop charge between uses? I also got these for handheld -

Wasn't sure they added much at first, but much better now I am used to them.

Back
Top Bottom