Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nintendo Switch

I haven't really been following the build up to release but as it's launch day I thought I'd find out a bit more...

Looks good but there don't seem to be any games... Think I'll sit out for a bit

I haven't really been following the build up to release but as it's launch day I thought I'd find out a bit more...

Looks good but there don't seem to be any games... Think I'll sit out for a bit

Well there is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which is being lauded as the best video game of all time.

Snipperclips looks like fun too.

Well there is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which is being lauded as the best video game of all time.

Snipperclips looks like fun too.
Yeah, Zelda looks great but my wife hates Zelda games so isn't going to help convince her that we need a switch and the list of other games announced looks pretty slim to me

Wii U was the same... nothing decent for ages or still....

What do you mean 'still'. There are some absolutely incredible games on the Wii U. I am glad I bought one just for Super Mario 3D World, Splatoon, Mario Kart, and Super Smash, and Mario Maker.

What do you mean 'still'. There are some absolutely incredible games on the Wii U. I am glad I bought one just for Super Mario 3D World, Splatoon, Mario Kart, and Super Smash, and Mario Maker.

Some... sold mine last year, had it on release day and hardly played it, don't get me wrong there is some great games, just not enough games is there.

Deep down in your heart you know the answer to that.
Oh totally! I was just seeking external validation :thumbs:

My sister (who is currently playing the game as she stayed in ALL DAY waiting for the postman and has moved a mini fridge into her living room to minimise interruptions :eek: ) was banging on about the importance of delayed gratification on the phone earlier. So I was worried I was being a bad parent.

I'm a bad parent for buying my kid a birthday present which is actually something I want for myself.

Half my friends are posting about Breath of the Wild on facebook, posting pictures of their shiny new Nintendo switches. But I can't afford one. :(

So the Switch and the game are the foal's birthday present. His birthday is in 10 days. Do we open it early? :eek: :oops:

You open it early. Then carefully put it back in its box. You can't give him his main present earlier.

I've made the classic mistake of thinking that I would leave it and then wanting it as soon as it came out.

Now cannot get it anywhere.

My local Asda said it was 0p if I collected it, which was tempting, but I dithered and now it is out of stock. :mad:

It's so gadgety. Swoon.

Got one. Spent all afternoon trying to get zelda but no luck so downloading it with a code off cdkeys.

7 year old is quite excited.

I might get one if these when they start turning up second hand and a bit cheaper.

Mobile Skyrim. :cool:

So I am still tempted by one of these.

Just to check, this doesn't cone with any preloaded games does it?

Also I now you can buy games to download are these any cheaper? Or are they likely to come down in price quicker?

I can almost justify the cost of the console, but £68 for a game as well! Fuck that.

So I am still tempted by one of these.

Just to check, this doesn't cone with any preloaded games does it?

Also I now you can buy games to download are these any cheaper? Or are they likely to come down in price quicker?

I can almost justify the cost of the console, but £68 for a game as well! Fuck that.
It comes with no games. I was unable to find zelda in a shop as they'd all sold out. Argos are selling it for about 45 quid I think.

I ended up downloading it. 55 quid from cdkeys. 60 from the Nintendo shop.

We are playing it now and we spent about half an hour last night talking about what each different member of the family had found in their game. "have you seen the dragon?" "What?!?" :D

Back
Top Bottom