Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Next London Mayor

Did anyone else get a 'please vote for us' letter from Labour yesterday signed by Polly Toynbee? In whose imagination is she going to swing anyone's vote?:facepalm:

No surprise from the outsourcing 'easy' council.

Probably a crapita fuck up

I see its a Tory council as well. Probably wont stop Goldsmith crying foul when he loses, I guess he'll just blame Muslims.

Please make sure you all go and vote :thumbs:

"Once you've voted, you've done the most important thing you can to help us win this election, so thank you.

But there's one more thing you can do to help – make sure every Labour supporter also gets their vote cast and their voice heard.

That's how we'll win, and there's just a few hours left to go. Head down to your local campaign centre now to remind Labour voters to get to the polls....."

That's how we'll win, and there's just a few hours left to go. Head down to your local campaign centre now to remind Labour voters to get to the polls....."

Do you know what I'm just about to do that. That is if you mean pub instead of campaign centre and order a pint instead of hassling people to vote.

In the end I did vote, first time since 97 I think. Still couldn't bring myself to put Khan down as 1st choice mind.

It's either Khan or that other frightly posh bloke for first vote, surely? :confused:
One of them will never have the privilege of my vote.

It's either Khan or that other frightly posh bloke for first vote, surely? :confused:
One of them will never have the privilege of my vote.

No you stick the loon (or in my case the one you fancy) down as your first choice and then the one you hate the least out of Khan / Goldsmith down as second. I think that's how the system is supposed to work, but don't ask me I vote less often than a North Korean.

I vote less often than a North Korean.
Voting is compulsory every five years in North Korea. The elections are rigged but after being forced into a 'vote for the cunt you hate least' corner myself today I'm not exactly feeling UK democracy.

I'm really pleased.

The only thing that slightly baffles me is who thought that well known billionaire heir Goldsmith would really be a popular candidate.

I'm really pleased.

The only thing that slightly baffles me is who thought that well known billionaire heir Goldsmith would really be a popular candidate.
played well with the green vote, one of us, whhat could possibly go wrong?

Hahaha sadface billionaire graphic from the Gruaniad. :D

13151637_886799421442841_3395086097012923670_n.jpg

Why would you aim to get the green vote in the londpn mayoral election? Why would it be a thing?

Greens looking at 3rd with 6%?

It is a thing imho. A small thing perhaps. But a thing nonetheless.

But I don't think enough of that already small body would switch to the Tories to vote for Zac Goldsmith.

Some might, but it'd have to be a very tight contest indeed for that to matter enough to be a factor.

Greens looking at 3rd with 6%?

It is a thing imho. A small thing perhaps. But a thing nonetheless.

But I don't think enough of that already small body would switch to the Tories to vote for Zac Goldsmith.

Some might, but it'd have to be a very tight contest indeed for that to matter enough to be a factor.
Yeah they'll stuck green, nothing to gaian from that road.

played well with the green vote, one of us, whhat could possibly go wrong?

This may be the conventional wisdom among some, but I reckon it's utterly wrong. I know various people who will have voted Green or will have seriously thought about it, and none of them would ever consider voting for Goldsmith.

When the full results come out, I'm willing to bet that of those who voted Green as their first choice, less than one third voted for Goldsmith as their second.

Back
Top Bottom