Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nazi memorabilia for sale down the road is this normal ?

When I visited Guernsey a few years ago they had cabinets of Nazi uniforms, equipment, flags and propaganda in both the submarine dock museum and the underground hospital (the latter a really horrible eerie place built by slave labour) The cases were all damp and mouldy due to the underground locations and the exhibits were all visibly rotting away - felt kind of appropriate. This was a few years ago so they may have completely disintegrated by now.

Until recently you could buy these on Denmark's largest online store. Because who wouldn't want a Nazi Christmas Tree?

nazi-baubles-2.jpg

those are pretty cool tbf. That sort of thing is genuinely interesting i reckon, the flags arent though.

Seems a bit of a harsh way to treat people who just want to read Gunter Grass.

Do you know Kard Bar in Newcastle? I remember that used to have some proper dodgy stuff in. Although I've just looked it up and learned it burned down in a fire a few years back that killed the guy who ran it, RIP.
Card bar supplied bikers and rockers who went there fire regalia and patches

I agree in general, but context matters. The stamps I have with swastikas or pictures of Hitler, and not collected because of these things, but because they are part of the postal history of Germany, missing out 1933 to 1945 would be a big gap.
Tbf that's fine.
Its the ones who collect the military Tat and the "renactors" they are all sorts of wrong possibly not actual nazis but would commit war crimes for a genuine SS dagger

When I visited Guernsey a few years ago they had cabinets of Nazi uniforms, equipment, flags and propaganda in both the submarine dock museum and the underground hospital (the latter a really horrible eerie place built by slave labour) The cases were all damp and mouldy due to the underground locations and the exhibits were all visibly rotting away - felt kind of appropriate. This was a few years ago so they may have completely disintegrated by now.
They had a complete set of Nazi porcelain crockery in the Channel Islands Military Museum on Jersey when I visited a few years back. It was absolutely fascinating.

I think mum-tat has a nazi armband somewhere, which her father acquired at some point during his RAF service in 1939-45

Unless she has quietly disposed of it. If she hasn't, I might have to make a decision what the heck to do with it eventually. I don't really hold with destroying historic artefacts, but don't want it ending up with some neo-nazi twunt. Maybe offer it to IWM and let them decide what to do with it.

I watched a documentary on Edward VIII the abdicating king who seems to have been absolutely and wholeheartedly pro Nazi and pro Hitler. His buddies were the dame. Hitler had spies everywhere watching him befriending him and the missus.

The documentary went very close to implying that he thought the war would be won by Germany and that he would be reinstated as king.

All denied once the Nazis lost the war.

Imagine what Britain and the UK would have been like under a Nazi king and leadership??

Oh...hang on....

😁

yeah, am having a dilemma feeling. i was emailing them last week about a chair i want to sell, so i feel kind of self conscious not like an anomymous complainer.
bea.jpg

Send them a request for an evaluation of your chair but send them this image ;)

Plenty of people collect War stuff that aren't Nazis scum. An elderly neighbour had a collection of war memorabilia in his garage that had all sorts of stuff from WW2 including some SS stuff. He was a lovely old giffer who'd just been around when it happened. It made me cringe a bit but for him it was just part of his history and represented a time in his life growing up during the war. He wasn't shy on telling you Hitler was a cunt mind and he didn't find any pleasure in having those things. It was just a relic of the time in history to him that told the story of Nazism and Hitler.

All a bit odd to me but people are strange and like to hold onto things that have a story.

Cheddar car boot sale, near Glastonbury is a thing of delight- my 10 year child was delighted by the naughtiness of cannabis lollipops for sale as we were distracted and horrified
by the stall selling Nazi stuff. Happily that was in in the indoor market and I got a fake fur coat for a three quid from the nice more wholesome car boot outside.

A Lt collected several extras for suggesting it would be amusing to use the Nazi crockery as we had some Germans visiting🙄. Everybody told him it was an epically bad idea. Even the British Army can sometimes show sensitivity 😱
Feeding the french off Napoleons previously owned property Hilarious.
Adolf nein🙄

Some years ago while cataloguing a collection of books I came across a copy of a Hitler youth magazine. It had an article in it about Mozart, can't remember much else about its contents. But I felt it a verminous, vile thing, like a grey worm, never had that sort of visceral reaction to something before or since.
What did you do with it, out of interest?

I assume they will ask for credit/debit card details when registering.
Probably best to not get involved....

Did sit here and watch the sale online. They only got 60 quid for it and he (the auctioneer) looked kind of awkward as hell doing it, he usually babbles away ad-libbing in a singsong voice about each item but this one was just 'german flag' and hammer down swiftish. Its not like they are unaware that selling this is different to selling their usual detritus, porcelain poodles and tables with a wobbly leg etc.

Last edited:
Isn’t Twitter designed for this s sort of thing? Let the twits know about the sale and the dismissive responses and they’ll create new Internet Hate Figures within 20 minutes.
nah, i like the rickety old place and it'll be dead anyway within a couple of years, turned into housing or brunch restaurants.

Back
Top Bottom