Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe - Boris Johnson's death sentence

hash tag

Reaching out
This poor British woman, mother and charity worker was arrested in Iran last year while on a family visit and imprisoned on some trumped up charge for 5 years. Meanwhile, her young daughter has had her passport revoked so she can't return home to her father and is living with her grandparents learning an entirely different langage and culture. Who do you turn to for help, your own British Governement. Up pops the knobhead who says he can't understand what all the fuss was about; she was simply teaching people journalism :facepalm:
So days after this remark she is back in court again, now charged with "propaganda against the regime".
Buffoon my arse.
Interestingly, the torygraph mentions the additional charges but not the fuckwits comments.
Perhaps they would have been better calling ghostbusters for help.

Fears for jailed mum after Johnson remark
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe - Wikipedia

Yeah, well, he should be. He has cost London tens of millions, now working on the UK in general and now helping to cost this poor woman her life.

He is not known for retracting statements, just blundering his was around them. Apparently, what he has said does not justify more charges against her. Tantamount to standing by his statement and digging her grave. :mad:

Where's the 'death sentence' thing come from? I've only seen a possible extra 5 years talked about (which is bad enough).

5 years on some trumped up charge.
Iranian jail.
Further charges - which no one knows where they will end.......who knows where it will end. :(

Reactions: CRI
Iranian jail.
Further charges - which no one knows where they will end.......who knows where it will end. :(
I think i read somewhere that the Iranians were hinting at an extension of somewhere in the region of 15 years and that was before Johnson made his ill-considered remarks.

Iranian jail.
Well, I don't know. But while it could possibly end in death, I don't think it's enough to call it a death sentence as yet. It doesn't help her case to make stuff up about it.

Either it's completely true that her role in journalism was only admin, or her story that she was only in Iran to visit relatives is one her lawyers and everyone in the UK should stick to. Either way, Johnson should resign and failing that the House should vote on a lack of confidence motion. The problem is that if the latter scenario is correct, it's difficult for Johnson's stupidity to be publicly called out on the record while the lady remains in jail.

upload_2017-11-7_12-20-45.png

No admission that he actually got it wrong then, and he needs to go now but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if there are business deals that need finalising beforehand.

There is the bigger shitstorm to cope with ie the Saudi's accusing the Iranian's of an act of war over Yemen!

Let's just hope, regardless of where he turns, he is fucked.

Reports say he is planning to visit Iran. Maybe he will try and do what Terry Waite attempted to do and trade his freedom for hers.

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Boris Johnson to visit Iran after blunder

Liam Fox says it wasn't a serious gaffe, so maybe Fox will volunteer to take her place, its nothing serious after all.

International Trade Secretary Liam Fox told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that "we all make slips of the tongue", adding on Sky News that it wasn't "a serious gaffe".

Johnson: Iran remarks 'could be clearer'

Back
Top Bottom