Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nations League 2020 - scores, chat, predictions and news

editor

hiraethified
Wales got off to a good start, beating the might of Finland 1-0 last night. Interestingly, the squad has an average of 24.5 years which is encouraging for the future.

Yesterday's scores:

Tonight's games:

FRIDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER 2020

I love the Nations League. Fantastic scenes yesterday with the Faroe Islands scoring a last minute wonder goal to beat Malta 3-2

Great to actually have meaningful games for smaller nations like Faroe Islands, Kosovo, Gibraltar, Wales etc. now.

Portugal without Ronaldo ( who was told by a stewardess to put his mask on in the stands) were excellent in their 4-1 win over Croatia . Hard to drop him but they played as well prob better as a unit without him tbh

That was a truly dreadful match. It got off to a bad start with Wales wearing their away kit (since when does red clash with green?) and got worse. I've no idea what the S4C commentators were saying about it, but it sounded quite animated, almost certainly about the lack of quality.

Malta scored a 96th minute winner against Latvia yesterday for only their 4th competitive victory in over 25 years

What's extra fitting/nice about that is they themselves lost to a last-minute free kick against Faroe Islands less than a month ago.

I mean, sucks for Latvia, though.

Meanwhile, last night Switzerland drew 3-3 in Germany and Ukraine beat Spain 1-0, the latter's first defeat in 2 years, apparently.

Wales and Scotland could join England in the A groups if they win tonight.

Sadly, Northern Ireland are already relegated from B after Romania were awarded a 3-0 victory for their abandoned match against Norway over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom