Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

My message to those with strong political passions

In that case I'm really not sure what you're getting at. Obviously I work with people I disagree with all the time, provided their overall aims are broadly the same as mine. One can't simply join together in a spirit of brotherly love with everyone and his mum, not until the systems put in place to distort rational thought and manufacture animosities and desires have been destroyed, or at least exposed for what they are.
I'm talking about the people who attack others due to their differences, and who believe the progaganda, cos they don't know they are being fed propaganda.
You don't have to cosy up to people with different views.
The systems survive, because the masses do not know they are being duped, and to stand a chance at beating the system, which we should, given our vast numbers, we need to have awareness as the first requirement.

Reactions: xes
I'm talking about the people who attack others due to their differences, and who believe the progaganda, cos they don't know they are being fed propaganda.
You don't have to cosy up to people with different views.
The systems survive, because the masses do not know they are being duped, and to stand a chance at beating the system, which we should, given our vast numbers, we need to have awareness as the first requirement.

i think what you're saying is that people are too stupid to do without governments duping them

So are destructive views towards the so called leaders ok? How does this work beyond 'Why can't we all just get along?'
If we were to have destructive views towards the so called leaders, we would still be playing into their hands as we would be angry.
It is about awareness of what is being done to us by the govt, leaders, rather than anger towards them. Hope that helps.

If we were to have destructive views towards the so called leaders, we would still be playing into their hands as we would be angry.
It is about awareness of what is being done to us by the govt, leaders, rather than anger towards them. Hope that helps.

Awareness is great, it's all over the place, save the world on facebook and such. But not being angry isn't a strategy, what do you suggest after we get together, wake up and smell the coffee (apologies if that's too much), seriously what?

Awareness is great, it's all over the place, save the world on facebook and such. But not being angry isn't a strategy, what do you suggest after we get together, wake up and smell the coffee (apologies if that's too much), seriously what?
I don't know to be honest, but I am only one individual person. Two, or many heads are better than one. The more people who are aware, and who no longer want to be shafted up the arse by the few elite, the more likely, we are likely to find a way.
I should have said in an earlier post. It's ok to be angry, it's how we channel that anger that matters.
For instance, violent protests would not be the way.
They say a country gets the leader it deserves. So, we deserve David Cameron.

i think what you're saying is that people are too stupid to do without governments duping them

I may be wrong but I thought she was saying quite the opposite.
That people are clever enough to rise above the shite we are fed if they let themselves be open to it.
I may be wrong though.

I think the sentiment in the OP was kinda sound.
Lots of thought, musings, hopes, whatevers don't stand up well to deconstruction but it doesn't make them necessarily always wrong.

Obviously it was never going to be left as what it was in a P&P forum but when people like me and others suddenly want to post in here, we don't always remember how you lot like to rip stuff to pieces. :D
I am not even saying you shouldn't, I just sometimes wish people were a bit more gentle with posters that don't regularly post in here.

Although actually in comparison to other threads/post, it hasn't been too bad.

I'll shut up now :oops: :D

I don't know to be honest, but I am only one individual person. Two, or many heads are better than one. The more people who are aware, and who no longer want to be shafted up the arse by the few elite, the more likely, we are likely to find a way.
I should have said in an earlier post. It's ok to be angry, it's how we channel that anger that matters.
could be worse we could have deserved pol pot

We don't deserve Cameron. We didn't elect him. The Tories did not win the election, it was a stitch up by the Tories and LibDems in forming a coalition.

Here's some much needed perspective
http://'t www.upworthy.com/some-strange-things-are-happening-to-astronauts-returning-to-earth?c=gasan1
cos, afterall, we are not really separate from anyone or anything, but the likes of big business, Cameron etc etc want us to believe we are all separate from one another, and should therefore live a dog-eat-dog kinda lifestyle.
'Sfunny but I have never thought about it before but "dog-eat-dog" isn't true. Dogs are omnivorous but they don't eat other dogs. That is unless dogmeat has been smuggled into cans of dog food along with the horse and kangaroo that is in there.

Keeping this thread serious. The perspective gained by the astronatus in the above vid, is what we here on this speck of dust in the vastness of space, could do with having.
This insanity is only a tiny slice of time, in the aeons ans aeons of time that is before and after.

But it's such an old trick that's been tried 'oft before, that we, in the twenty-first century, should know it very well.
Awareness of it is the first thing, and our leaders actively try to make us unaware, but we can make each other aware, well, we can lead a horse to water....
For those horses who don't drink, I thought that helping point out that it's all a con, and to point out the benefits or shedding the bullshit and getting along, despite differences would help.

Sure, we should know better.
The problem is that the ruling classes have had several thousand years to perfect their techniques of manipulation, and for much of those thousands of years have either ruthlessly suppressed any and all instances of rebellion, or have succumbed to rebellion only for the revolution to be replaced by more ruling class time-servers.
Against that you have peoples' good will and their occasional realisation that they're being shat on, against th weight of not resisting and being (relatively) left alone in peace by the-powers-that-be.

Sure, we should know better.
The problem is that the ruling classes have had several thousand years to perfect their techniques of manipulation, and for much of those thousands of years have either ruthlessly suppressed any and all instances of rebellion, or have succumbed to rebellion only for the revolution to be replaced by more ruling class time-servers.
Against that you have peoples' good will and their occasional realisation that they're being shat on, against the weight of not resisting and being (relatively) left alone in peace by the-powers-that-be.

And also the internet; like-thinking people can congregate and share insights and information in ways they couldn't before (at least not anywhere near as easily).

Back
Top Bottom