Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane pictures of the North

1352658_5afb9987.jpg

Abbey Leisure Centre, Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham

2578351_911ab144.jpg

Footbridge over the A1(M) near Woodside Farm
The A1 is the longest numbered road in the UK at 410 miles long. It connects London with Edinburgh, via the east of England.
For much of its path it follows the Great North Road the old coaching route between London and Edinburgh. Several sections of the route are classified as motorway A1(M). The modern A1 bypasses the towns the Great North Road passed through and is dual carriageway for most of its route through England.

319484_d420cffc.jpg

Disused Library
Situated in what is known locally as the Thornaby Triangle, in effect an island surrounded by a busy one way system this once proud building now stands neglected. It was presented to the town in 1892 by T Wrightson Esq. of Head Wrightsons, the iron and steel company which occupied the substantial area of land on the banks of the Tees known as Thornaby Carrs. Head Wrightsons was obviously a major employer in the town.

I went for an evening constitutional seeing as it was a nice day, and took some more of around the immediate area. I noticed the police driving around and taking a look at me walking around clearly taking photos, in all black clothing, through a red light district. God knows what they thought I was up to! :D

Some more pictures to follow once I've reduced the file sizes, including photos of what must be one of the most pointless train stations in the land.

Am still deciding where to go on Saturday. Although I still have to go to fucking Shipley to get that print :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom