Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane pictures of the North

Is that what it is? I've no idea. Found this at a secluded beach in Scarborough. I like that it's hidden in a place where not many people tread and that it's handwritten. Idk, doesn't give me puffed-chest poppy vibes at all. It actually made me think of the dead.
It's a bit of an odd place to write such a thing though. Suppose there might have been a reason behind it being on that outflow pipe.

It's a bit of an odd place to write such a thing though. Suppose there might have been a reason behind it being on that outflow pipe.

True. I wonder if they chose that place because it's the only conveniently flat, elevated surface on that beach, making it noticeable from above (actually getting down to it takes a bit of an unnerving climb).

Yer, good up there innit. Nudge me next time and I'll take you for a brew, I'm only 15-20 minutes away.
nice one! Its a bit of a hidden gem. used to go on holiday there in the cottage by the crag as a kid - and revisited it as an adult. The old women who owned the cottage (and the camping site) died recently (she must have been about 115 cos she was ancient when i was a kid in about 1975) and her daughters are looking to sell - so i fear new owners will make it into a fully developed "attraction" - with pay car park, cafe etc.
Whats great is it that you can wonder about there even on glorious midsummer weekends and often not meet a soul.

Teesside back in the day

ponds by the coking plant, Redcar steelworks, 1986

canteen staff at the Redcar blast furnace site, 1983

More here

A few photos from the last few years, pre- and post-covid:

EeP7rWgX0AACLQL.jpg

River Humber in the mist, July 2018

D3UeA2YWsAAzshi.jpg

Ghost sign, Scunthorpe, 2019

DhXXi3_WAAAaH3Q.jpg
Tatty St. George, Scunthorpe, 2019

DhbNPqGXcAAW1KO.jpg

Boatyard, Barton-upon-Humber, 2018

ECUq2tbXUAA-wWL.jpg

Middlesbrough rainbow, 2019

ECVZN8YXUAEaL6M.jpg

Ghost sign, Vulcan Street, Middlesbrough, 2019
Dj-97RmXsAAHRqk.jpg

Scunthorpe Working Men's Club and Institute (RIP)

FoShpuDXsAAYxFm

Might be worth a visit if you're near to Bury
This has been extended to 3 June - going along to see it today.

Back
Top Bottom