Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Morons Unite For The Freedom To Infect Each Other

There's all the sociology stuff about late modernity and 'individual reflexivity' as the background to loonery - people no longer trust the old institutions, particularly in a world of 'manufactured risks', so they have to manage their own lives and risks. A postmodern miasma where Dave on facebook and some feckin # overtakes the Word Health Organisation as a source of information. I'm not overly taken by that, but it does work as a generality, certainly as social media works to amplify our prejudices.

To me though, it always feels like the trip down the rabbit hole has to make sense for those who hurtle down there. We live in a shitty world where lethal absurdities can flourish in a time of pandemic. But ultimately, the journey towards illogic has to make sense in the lives who take the plunge. That's why 'evidence' isn't always the answer. :(

another thing to consider dtb is that you might be caught up by the anti vax meme warfare now, but what in 20, 30 years? when people will naturally look back on this period. people do this now and then with 9/11 which is small change compared to this.

"yeah, I was there, it was all bullshit and I campaigned for people to fuck the rules."

are you sure that will age well?

i realise i am putting words in your mouth, but you haven't been exactly clear on how you see covid since you posted the advert.

Back
Top Bottom