Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Misogynist barbarians in Alabama impose forced pregnancy law

MSM made a big deal about a 10 y/o rape victim having to travel to a different state for an abortion.

Right wing media claimed it was a hoax, Tucker Carlson even did a show about it.
How disgusting is the left to make up such a story just to make the zero-abortion states look bad?
If this really happened, why are the police trying to find the guy who did it? According to their research, no one was even looking for the rapist.

Shame on main stream media!!!!

The next day, they arrested the rapist. He admitted to raping the child at least twice.
Most of the right wing bunch deleted their twitter stuff, but Tucker is still on record for claiming this was just propaganda.
Nothing that odious toad comes out with ever ages well... like the time he ran a show mocking the notion that j6 was not an insurrection and that none of the mob were armed. IIRC the following day multiple people were charged for seditious conspiracy and evidence was produced proving that elements of the mob were definitely tooled up...

Both sides of the culture war posting this clip as evidence of the person they disagree with being 'destroyed'. But of course that was the whole point of the fascist insurrectionist Josh Hawley's line of questioning, to divert attention from the practical consequences of the anti-abortion policies he endorses:

I don't understand how someone could be against abortions and still be an ethical doctor. You can't really "do no harm" if you let women die from ectopic pregnancies, unexpelled miscarriages, and botched abortions.

Is that what this Doctor does? :eek:

I don’t know the background to this walkout. I meant is it the case that this Doctor is that kind of extemist.

What do you think being anti-abortion means exactly? What do you think the outcome of Roe vs Wade will mean in many states? It'll mean this:
I don't understand how someone could be against abortions and still be an ethical doctor. You can't really "do no harm" if you let women die from ectopic pregnancies, unexpelled miscarriages, and botched abortions.
It already means this in some places. Seriously wtf? Were you really unaware of this?

I thought YW was referring to that particular doctor, but no, I was not aware that treating ectopic pregnancies was, or is about to, become a legal issue anywhere in the States.

I haven’t seen that anywhere.

Last edited:
I thought YW was referring to that particular doctor, but no, I was not aware that treating ectopic pregnancies was, or is about to, become a legal issue anywhere in the States.

I haven’t seen that anywhere.

There are politicians poised to write into law abortion bans that don't allow any exceptions what so ever, including preserving the life of the mother:

“There is a significant change happening in the pro-life base, and it’s happening on a national level,” said Dan Becker, president of Georgia Right to Life. That shift is towards demanding, and being promised, an abortion ban without exceptions for rape, incest, or the life and health of the pregnant women. As many as half of the Republican candidates have fallen in line, a contrast from past election cycles.

Witness Sen. Marco Rubio’s repeated assurances following the debate that even though he had advocated for a bill with exceptions, he did not support them. Mike Huckabee has vocally held that position much longer. Ted Cruz is a movement favorite, endorsed by Becker's PAC. Rick Perry credits an anti-abortion activist, Rebecca Kiessling, for his 2011 conversion to the no-exceptions position. Rand Paul championed a no-exceptions total ban on abortion in the Senate that, by virtue of its "personhood" outlook, would count even unimplanted fertilized eggs under its protection. Becker, who also heads the Personhood Alliance, is hopeful about Carly FIorina.

The debate over whether to chip away at abortion rights or to openly advocate for the end of all abortion is an old one among anti-abortion activists. But despite the fact that personhood amendments have been repeatedly defeated in Colorado and Mississippi — and the fact that most Americans support such exceptions — the purist faction seems to be gaining ground.

“More and more pro-life people are starting to speak out against exceptions in legislation, and expecting more from the political process,” said Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood employee turned anti-abortion activist who frequently testifies before legislatures considering abortion restrictions.

However, I was referring to the number of horror stories we've already seen recently in states that banned abortion, but allowed some exceptions. It left doctors unsure whether they'll be prosecuted for performing abortions or will be harassed or threatened. When push comes to shove, a doctor will let a woman suffer rather than take the risk. It has led to some horrific examples of doctors refusing to perform abortions in cases where it was medically necessary to save the life and health of the mother. I can provide you with real-life examples if you doubt this.

There are politicians poised to write into law abortion bans that don't allow any exceptions what so ever, including preserving the life of the mother:

However, I was referring to the number of horror stories we've already seen recently in states that banned abortion, but allowed some exceptions. It left doctors unsure whether they'll be prosecuted for performing abortions or will be harassed or threatened. When push comes to shove, a doctor will let a woman suffer rather than take the risk. It has led to some horrific examples of doctors refusing to perform abortions in cases where it was medically necessary to save the life and health of the mother. I can provide you with real-life examples if you doubt this.

Yeah, I’m aware of some cases where the confusion has led to some tragic cases. :(

Any confusion obv needs sorting post haste.
I don’t personally think the “no exceptions anywhere” laws have a chance of coming to pass from what I have read - I don’t think the bulk of medics would ever stand for that. Standing by while someone dies from an ectopic pregnancy would be a career-ending matter on the vast majority of the the planet. Pro-life reasoning can’t justify letting both mother and foetus die when one can be saved.

Been wrong before about how these things can go, though. :(

Yeah, I’m aware of some cases where the confusion has led to some tragic cases. :(

Any confusion obv needs sorting post haste.
I don’t personally think the “no exceptions anywhere” laws have a chance of coming to pass from what I have read - I don’t think the bulk of medics would ever stand for that. Standing by while someone dies from an ectopic pregnancy would be a career-ending matter on the vast majority of the the planet. Pro-life reasoning can’t justify letting both mother and foetus die when one can be saved.

Been wrong before about how these things can go, though. :(

Like Ireland, you mean?

Abortions were allowed in Ireland when a woman’s life was at risk last time I looked.

Again, are you taking the piss? The law has changed in Ireland, so it's not as strict as that any more.

When Savita Halappanavar died in 2012, it was under the law that said "the act of abortion, where there was no immediate physiological threat to the woman's life to continue the pregnancy, was a criminal offence punishable by life imprisonment."

And she died.

The law changed AFTER that, passing be referendum. The pre-existing law did not allow her to live.

And those are the kind of laws that the abortion advocates in the US are gunning for, and some of them have been passed already.

Back
Top Bottom