Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mighty Hoopla, Cross The Tracks, Wide Awake, Field Day & City Splash festivals, Brockwell Park - discussion

The Brockwell Park Association (what ever the fuck that is) don’t seem very inclusive…

View attachment 409376
I can imagine this individual is dead chuffed that Christmas and New Year is done and dusted so they can continue to fulfil their life with a relentless, bitter campaign against people enjoying themselves and dancing to music in Brockwell Park in the upcoming summer months.

It's a good sense check about whether a new campaign or group has more than one or two people behind it.

If the twitter handle sounds like a single crank then it's reasonable to assume the organisation isn't much more

It's a good sense check about whether a new campaign or group has more than one or two people behind it.

If the twitter handle sounds like a single crank then it's reasonable to assume the organisation isn't much more
I would wager its a lone individual who, as part of the set up, has invented themselves an organisational name in the hope it lends them a bit more credibility.

I think they've taken down the criteria on the website now but I think it's adjoining roads to Tulse Hill, Dulwich Rd, Norwood Rd etc. You get to choose which of the 3 festivals you want to go to over that w/e.
Got tickets the first year but feel like they may have broadened their catchment area and possibly reduced the amount of tickets that they offer as a sweetener to the local community.

Buzzed: Lambeth set to out source the Country Show prioritising savings over tradition for the 50th anniversary of the Brockwell event

"Worryingly the idea of ending the Country Show has also been considered by the Council. The plan was to incorporate this into Brockwell Bounce, the free family festival that takes place during the May half term break"
“A surprising stat from last year is the age demographic. This suggests that older people attend the Show, rather than young families. Most attendees fell into older age brackets: 55-64 25%, 45-54 24%, 35-44 23%.”.

We are getting older alright!

All 3 previous years of Wide Awake they had in addition to the main bars a row where several independent breweries each ran their own stall. A lot of choice from them all selling a few options.

This year that’s been replaced by one large festival run craft beer bar. Only had 6 beers on.
So much reduced choice, and lost some of the character the festival had. Gone more commercial.
The main bars were still just Brewdog and best avoided.

All 3 previous years of Wide Awake they had in addition to the main bars a row where several independent breweries each ran their own stall. A lot of choice from them all selling a few options.

This year that’s been replaced by one large festival run craft beer bar. Only had 6 beers on.
So much reduced choice, and lost some of the character the festival had. Gone more commercial.
The main bars were still just Brewdog and best avoided.
And fucking Brewdog shite everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom