Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mighty Hoopla, Cross The Tracks, Wide Awake, Field Day & City Splash festivals, Brockwell Park - discussion

Interesting Wide Awake announced today that they've moved from Sat 24th to Fri 23rd

Presumably they reckon one of the other events can make more money on the Sat.
Brockwell Live's website not been updated yet so can't see how they've been shuffled.

Interesting Wide Awake announced today that they've moved from Sat 24th to Fri 23rd

Presumably they reckon one of the other events can make more money on the Sat.
Brockwell Live's website not been updated yet so can't see how they've been shuffled.

Field Day is rejoining the line up.

oh cool. so Field Day's divorced from All Points East. I never really understood that merger.

but I am leaning towards Portals in Hackney now that Wide Awake doesn't clash with that. was a bit disappointed to miss some of the acts on the last two years. Mono!

I wonder what the booking policy will be. The last time it was in Brockwell Park it still had an interestingly mixed lineup but for the last few years it's basically been just DJs and electronica

Nils Frahm DJ set was grand.
I remember it being a lot more than a dj set (or did he do a live set as well) but I saw a load of great stuff that year - Jeff Mills & Tony Allen, Sudan Archives (with nothing more than a violin and a loop box), Charlotte Gainsbourg, Ezra Collective, Oumou Sangaré. I dont think the line ups have been anything like as interesting since.

The last Field Day in Brockwell got dangerously overcrowded at some points. I remember feeling quite unsafe as the crowd surged to get to one of the headliners.

The last Field Day in Brockwell got dangerously overcrowded at some points. I remember feeling quite unsafe as the crowd surged to get to one of the headliners.
It was for Four Tet who were headlining a the weird 'not a tent' indoor space they had. poor access in and out of it - wasn't fun getting out of Niels Frahm from what I remember.

Back
Top Bottom