Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Manchester Victoria Station

A first post about Manchester Victoria Railway Station

Reading an old issue of the BackTrack Magazine I discovered something about Manchester Victoria Station, something of which I was completely unaware!

As an engineer in my past, I should have been aware of what a Telpher is. Sadly, I only realised towards the end of 2018!

It is an interesting piece of trivia.

The Telpher was used to transport parcels across the full width of the station and operated throughout the interwar period. You can find out more by following this link:

Manchester Victoria’s Telpher

What a great photo:
post-1776-0-97810800-1544302854.jpg

A first post about Manchester Victoria Railway Station

Reading an old issue of the BackTrack Magazine I discovered something about Manchester Victoria Station, something of which I was completely unaware!

As an engineer in my past, I should have been aware of what a Telpher is. Sadly, I only realised towards the end of 2018!

It is an interesting piece of trivia.

The Telpher was used to transport parcels across the full width of the station and operated throughout the interwar period. You can find out more by following this link:

Manchester Victoria’s Telpher
Have you read the T & Cs ? I think there is something in there about promoting your own material. ;)

I missed the previous thread

Think I'd seen a picture of it / read something about it but hadn't registered that it had a 'driver' sat up there

How the heck did they get up there? And hope they let them come down for a cup of tea and a slash now and then...

Back
Top Bottom