Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lunch should have its own thread

Cooked, but not reheated - past its sell-by date.
I don't think I could eat a pasty that shade of uncookedness, but each unto their own. Pasties should be at least this colour, ideally more charred.

1200px-Cornish_pasty_-_cut.jpeg

I had a disappointing* lunch in a cold restaurant then got told I looked like a tourist by a chugger in my own ends :mad: So I bought a dozen brick lane beigels and a cherry danish.

*a stingy schwarma.

That is unforgivably rude :eek: They usually try to be extra complimentary, maybe they've started negging :mad:

Disappointing lunch here too :mad: Pasta (instead of the spaghetti I wanted), which I overcooked due to making two separate lunches for my moany demanding offspring. Had the pasta with green pesto, lime pickle and cheese (instead of the tomatoey sauce I wanted) because it was quick and convenient, but the lime pickle had gone stale and I couldn't eat it. Fucked the whole lot straight in the bin :rolleyes:

Piece of caramel sesame turrón. Loads of lush chestnut mushrooms fried with garlic & thyme then salad sprouts and some very ripe gorgonzola chucked in at the end to wilt/melt (phwoooar :oops::oops:), rye bread with houmous and sliced tomato, cucumber. Cup of tea.

Given that those are apparently floppy isn't it just buttered pancakes?

I've never tried buttered proper oatcakes but now I want to have buttered digestives. Used to love sandwiching those together with loads of cold butter when I was a kid.
They are similar but different to regular pancakes. I buttered them and then rolled them up like Swiss rolls.
I had some cheese Scottish oatcakes for breakfast today (not buttered or rolled ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom