Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lunar eclipse tonight (Mon 28th Sept 2015, 3am)

it can br anywhere between 1am and 4am depending on where in the world you are...

I've got my crystals, my wand and my voodoo hoodoo dolls all lined up in the garden ready...
As said before I am just ouside Reading so 3.11 is when it is all happening.
n

MrSki at 3:11am

cally-jane-cow-jumped-over-the-moon.jpg

Now my tellie's going buzzers. Keeps turning back on when I pause it. I think I'm going to have to stay awake for this as I'm a bit wired.

The moon is less red than it was at about 8pm...

I am going to stay up til 1pm and if it does not go more red I am going to write a strongly worded letter of complaint

The moon won't appear to turn red until after 0207BST and not fully until 0311BST (the shade depends on the state of the Earth's lower to middle atmosphere - the more material suspended there, ie the dirtier it is, the deeper the shade of red tends to be; after major volcanic eruptions the eclipsed moon may even hardly be visible). Note that either side of the red 'core' of light illuminating the lunar surface within the Earth's shadow is a narrow annulus of distinctly blue light that arises from sunlight passing through the upper atmosphere of the Earth where ozone absorbs the red light portion of the solar spectrum leaving a blue hue).

The moon won't appear to turn red until after 0207BST and not fully until 0311BST (the shade depends on the state of the Earth's lower to middle atmosphere - the more material suspended there, ie the dirtier it is, the deeper the shade of red tends to be; after major volcanic eruptions the eclipsed moon may even hardly be visible). Note that either side of the red 'core' of light illuminating the lunar surface within the Earth's shadow is a narrow annulus of distinctly blue light that arises from sunlight passing through the upper atmosphere of the Earth where ozone absorbs the red light portion of the solar spectrum leaving a blue hue).
s!
Someone who knows his onions!

Back
Top Bottom