Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lunar eclipse tonight (Mon 28th Sept 2015, 3am)

Slept like a baby right through it. Was gonna say: pics or it didn't happen, but urbs mighty photographers were there already. Good work.

I reminded Mrs Voltz about this last night before going to bed - she didn't sound over keen to be honest - and given that she was given a telescope for Christmas . . . :rolleyes:

Anyway - come 1'ish this morning I woke up for no apparent reason - the eclipse was just starting - now I can't remember if I went back to sleep or dozed or daydreamed but the next thing I knew it was around 3 and the eclipse was pretty much full on - the added bonus being that it was a perfectly clear night and I could see all of this whilst lying in bed

Mrs Voltz did get up to go and have a look and she managed to get in another couple of hours kip before her 5am alarm

All things considered we both considered it "pretty neat" and "cool" and as the next one won't be until after we've retired - worth missing a bit of sleep on a school night

Didn't want to start a thread for it, so I thought I'd leave here this very cool set of newly-released photographs taken during the Apollo missions, set in stop-motion

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Back
Top Bottom