Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Luke 'the Nuke' Littler - 16yo darts prodigy

i remember darts when there were no trebles on the board in Yorkshire. a shorter throw, and no 25 hole, just a bull. A completely different game. No tungsten darts were available. Big fat feathered flights (sometimes paper). Schofield darts were my preferred weapon - lead filled for ballast. A big thing was equal darts in a match, so if the first to throw won the game after say two darts at the double, your opponent also had two darts to try and achieve a draw.. This standardised game with mega scores is pretty dull by comparison.

I've got a first date tonight. And I've purposefully selected a pub which is showing the darts.

All class. I suspect this will be the first and only date.

I can't decide whether I am happy or sad to find this out.
Choose happy.

woodchopping_1594878538.jpg

All sports are games.

Not all games are sports.
Hmmm. Remember when we were taught about Gladiator slaves competing until death? i would be hard pressed to regard that as either a sport or a game. i suppose a few thousand years of cultural change might make a difference though.

I think the phrase 'sportsman's bet' and the word 'sportsmanship' tell us something about what sport is. It involves competition for the sake of competition. There are winners and losers, but the only thing won or lost is glory.

I prefer that kind of definition to any involving fitness levels, sobriety or footwear.

I think the phrase 'sportsman's bet' and the word 'sportsmanship' tell us something about what sport is. It involves competition for the sake of competition. There are winners and losers, but the only thing won or lost is glory.

I prefer that kind of definition to any involving fitness levels, sobriety or footwear.
If sportsmanship is the measure does that mean football isn't a sport?

Been watching Luke Humphries the other finalist on youtube. i cant see that he will be any sort of pushover for our boy.

I’m really excited about this match tonight. No way do I claim to be a darts fan in anyway whatsoever but do appreciate the skill of the arrowsmith.
My mate goes to the world champs every year. Says it's a massive laugh. Everyone is drunk, including the players backstage! :eek:

You can't actually see much, of course. But I don't think that matters.

Back
Top Bottom