Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Luke 'the Nuke' Littler - 16yo darts prodigy

79458709-12912103-image-a-30_1703932894809.jpg

(Source: Dan Charity - Commissioned by The Sun)

"'Darts star Luke loves a doner and The Sun... can't beat a Pitta bully'"

Hopefully, he will receive all the assistance that he needs in dealing with the public relations matters that arise as a result of his stardom.

Good on him for realising his mistake and publicly stating it. It's gonna be a steep learning curve!

Most 16yos would have no idea of the history behind the hatred of the Sun. His apology is clearly written by a PR though so presumably he's got a team around him now.

If he appears to be in his 40s at 16 yrs old, how might he appear in 30yrs time when he is in mid 40s? Dart throwers are often drink fuelled and rotund, so, assuming his extraordinary skill will keep him at the top until then, it is unlikely that he will get any Littler. The guys health is likely to be under serious threat after 30 years pounding the oche. i hope he does well this week and comes top. But i want him to take care of himself.

'cos of his age he's probably one of the few top dart players who doesn't play half-cut.

It's an open secret in darts circles that most of the top dart players are three sheets to the wind when they play. Don't be fooled that they're are all sober now 'cos they can't have alcohol on the stage.

i love him, he's great. all this bollocks about his age is envy

I've got past making the paper round jokes at this point. (It took me a while, tbh.)

Absolutely wonderful player and it'll be a great final. I think Luke H. might edge it, and I wouldn't be surprised if they break the record for most 180s in a match.

This is what a sad fucker i am.. Bed last night at 10.00pm not knowing the outcome of Littlers match. Woke at 4.00 am with this thread, and the match, going 'round my head. Up now, had a cuppa in a pint pot, straight to the lappo to discover the superb result, and now wasting energy contributing this, FFS. i wonder if i need to get a proper life. 🤣

In my own defence, i used to love darts as a young un. Played in teams in the 1970s, and wasn't too bad a player. Once i even played in a singles final on stage in Elland town hall! This young man has done superb, but the big money will be beating a path to his door, so he will need to exercise caution quickly. The signs are reasonable - judging from the above statement. Well done young Littler.

Just watched some of the Luke Humphries 6-0 match, it was like an exhibition.

Be interesting to see what he’s like if The Nuke is dropping relentless bombs on him.

I can get behind a sport where the pre-match preparation involves pizza. :thumbs:

(Sport? Game? :hmm:)
Its more of an entertainment than a sport i reckon. There is probably an argument for re classifying some types of human entertainments no? Running a 1500 mtrs requires physical training that a slob couldn't live with. But darts snooker and pool suits slob types like myself. So many questions these days..

i wonder if chess should become a sport? i'm pretty average as a chess player but would enjoy being recategorised as chessthlete :thumbs:

Shooting is an Olympic sport so I don't know why darts couldn't be. The same principles. In fact it's actually far more difficult I'd argue.

Cricket's finally getting into the olympics in LA in 2028. Which given it's one of the biggest sports in the world it seems crazy that's only just happening.

Maybe blowing soap bubbles from a small ring? Maybe hopscotch? What about origami/ paper plane flying? Endless possibilities really. The decision committe must be a lively one and definitely not for me.

Back
Top Bottom