Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lost luggage

Yossarian

⏭️
British Airways lost my son's luggage somewhere between Paris and Edinburgh on Wednesday - they misplaced mine as well but they found it and it's getting delivered soon.

Anyone have any experience filing for compensation? They've said we can claim for things we need to buy in the time before getting the bags back but not sure what the upper limit is or how hard we'd have to chase them to get a payment

Reasonable quantities based on expected time with no luggage and quality commensurate to class of travel eg if economy Next or equivalent if business somewhere posher

YMMV

Bahnhof Strasse probably knows more

That sounds about right to me. As long as you're reasonable I can't see it being a problem.

Happened to me on my first trip to Bangkok. Luggage all went to Delhi - it caught up with me about 3 days later. It was OK as I wanted a few days in BKK anyhow but it could've been a right PITA if I'd wanted to move on immediately. No mention of compensation - that was BA too iirc. Not much help there, Yoss, sorry. Tbh I was just glad to get my stuff back - back then you could clothe yourself pretty extensively for 20 quid spent judiciously on the Khao San Rd so I wasn't that arsed.

Yes lost loads over the years, suitcases, pushchairs etc. Snowboard was the most annoying at the time. They eventually show up. Quite often in a taxi a day or so later.
Depending on your travel insurance/airline you can claim for the inconvenience and we have done in the past.

I was impressed when I got a bag back in less than 24 hours last year after KLM sent it to Stavanger instead of Aberdeen, this is the first time it's been as long as 2 days and the airline says it still doesn't have a clue where the bag is

British Airways lost my son's luggage somewhere between Paris and Edinburgh on Wednesday - they misplaced mine as well but they found it and it's getting delivered soon.

Anyone have any experience filing for compensation? They've said we can claim for things we need to buy in the time before getting the bags back but not sure what the upper limit is or how hard we'd have to chase them to get a payment
yes - BA lost mine in Edinburgh airport en route to Orkney last summer. Edinburgh is one of the worst places or was for lost luggage.

I was without it for the entire week. IIRC I could claim up to £25 for three days without it. Enough to get some pants/socks/T shirts.

I found it in Edinburgh on the way back. I mean it when I say I found it - BA were useless. There were hundreds of abandoned cases just lying around in corridors.

AFAIK if it goes missing completely you're fuckec. There's a really low compensation limit. You basically need insurance.

Back
Top Bottom